Summary: 3 THINGS THAT WILL CAUSE YOUR LIFE TO BECOME INSIGNIFICANT AND WITHOUT EFFECT TOWARD OTHERS
The Ease of Becoming an Insignificant Christian
* One of the greatest tragedies for a Christian is that His/Her life may be lived without ever making any significant impact for the glory of God.
* Insignificant = without measurable or noticeable impact or contribution.
So small that it is of little regard.
* Insignificance is not to be confused with humility. While many people are able to serve the Lord quietly or anonymously they still serve and influence people This word today is for those who do not influence the world (or the Church) for Christ privately or publicly.
* The only thing that seems to be worse than a life lived in insignificance is a life lived in indifference to it.
* If you are saved God has equipped you & commanded you to be a
Witness, light, ambassador. ( Ill. Pleasant Grove bulletin: “Together
We Make a Difference”!) What about individually ?
* Many people often give various reasons for why they are not making a difference in the lives of others. Some say its time, talent, treasure problems.
* Some develop a “let them do it “ mentality or excuse themselves by saying
“You are not to judge me and my life”…..funny how people can commit that particular thought to memory but no working scriptures!
* These people often become a liability to the work of Christ rather that an asset. Illus. 3 guys moving a table….2 carrying and 1 riding!!!
* Because people do not always see it so plainly (as in the illus.), they allow their walk with Christ to become less and less clear and more and more compromised.
* How is it so easy for this to happen to us, here , at D.B.C?
It is as easy as:
I. Living without regard for the Master.
A. The one who saw our need
* God did not disregard us even though He had the right.
* Our Lord was not indifferent to us, ignore us. Have we forgotten!!
B. The one who saved our soul
* It cost the life of His Son
* The price of blood was the highest paid for anything….You!!!
C. The one who secures our destiny
* We are in His hand
* We are referred to as already being accounted as glorified
* How could we be so cold and compromised in heart as to live
Our lives w/o daily acknowledging, considering Him.
* to regard Him means that we must regard His commandments
* Obeying His commandments makes a significant impact upon others
II. Living without regard for the Masses
A. Those in the Lords church
* Every person needs someone sometime.
* Every person here needs to be that person from time to time.
* Sadly, some are too self-involved to serve or sacrifice for anyone else
* We are to serve one another by love
* “Im gonna take care of me and mine” attitude = a cold church.
* A people w/o compassion is a calloused people making no significant
Difference in each others life.
* If a man or woman doesn’t love the people of God enough to make a
Difference in their lives, then what of the lost masses
B. Those in a lost condition
* We are commanded to be witnesses
* The Father sent the Son & the Son sends us.
* Some make no attempt to Impact the lives of others.
* This is not a sermon designed to make anyone angry but it has been