Summary: Examining the verses predicting each future event in sequence of its fulfillment.
THE PIECES OF THE PUZZLE ARE ON THE TABLE
PURPOSE: To examine the verses predicting each future event in sequence of its fulfillment.
I. INTRODUCTION: AN ANALYSIS OF EVENTS INFLUENCING PROPHECY.
A. WHAT PIECES ARE ON THE TABLE?
1. The Berlin Wall fell on November 15, 1989. There is a strong Germany in the future, (Gomer).
2. The rise of Iraq as a world force. (Babylon, Assyria, Mesopotamia, Chaldeans).
3. The rise of Middle East as a world force (8% of population but 66% of world’s oil or power).
4. Communism in shambles (doesn’t recognize the biblical doctrine of the selfishness of man) caused wrong alliances.
5. Israel is in the land.
6. Peace is transitory, a sense of false security. (While U.S. and Russia disarm, the Arab nations are stockpiling weapons.
B. WHAT PIECES ARE NOT ON THE TABLE?
1. The crisis to the United States capitalism.
a. Capitalistic nations (England, U.S. etc.) used by God to evangelize and civilize the world. Colonization had its positive and negative factors. What happens when they no longer evangelize?
b. U.S. no longer a producing nation but a consuming nation.
c. Will the U.S. have “capital” to be a capitalistic nation? (Stock market, banks, ECM).
d. Can “free trade” compete with the “discipline” of China, Japan and Germany?
e. The existence of capitalism is built on commerce. The challenge of electricity and oil.
f. There will be a collapse of the world economy before Antichrist.
2. The world leader will be an economist and public relations leader, not primarily a military leader (could be terrorist).
a. He will conquer financially, not militarily, Rev. 6:2. Why send in tanks when you can control a nation’s money in another way? (The next Hitler).
b. He will control everyone because all must have the “number of the beast” to buy or sell, (Rev. 13:17).
3. There seems to be five major groups of nations plus Israel mentioned in future prophecy.
a. North African nations (Egypt, Libya, Ethiopia).
b. Middle East nations (Iraq, Iran, Armenia).
c. Nations to the north of Israel (Russia).
d. The revived Roman Empire (nations surrounding the Mediterranean Sea.)
e. The other nations of the world.
4. An empire like Rome will become powerful and rule the world.
II. FUTURE EVENTS IN SEQUENCE
Event 1 - Recognition of God’s plan and purpose with Gentiles. “And Jerusalem will be trodden down by the Gentiles, until the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled, (Luke 21:24).
Event 2 - Recognition that God set the Jewish nation aside. “For if the casting away of them (Israel) be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be,” (Rom. 11:15).
1. Blinding, (2 Cor. 3:14).
2. The Jewish nation will again be God’s program, (Rom 11:15).
3. Look for signs that God is awakening the Jews.
Event 3 - The march of Christendom toward a climax, (Matt. 13:1-52).