Summary: This is the 17th sermon in the series "The End". This sermon describes the False Prophet of Revelation 13.
Sunday Evening August 11, 2002 Bel Aire Baptist Church
Series: “The End” [#17]
THE FALSE PROPHET
1. For the first 3 ½ years of the Tribulation, there will be a “do whatever you want” type of religion, but at the Mid-Tribulation point the Antichrist will proclaim himself as god.
2. To promote the worship of the Antichrist will be the job of the False Prophet.
1. Many scholars suggest that his coming up out of the earth indicates that the False Prophet will not be of mixed nationality like the Antichrist, but will come from around Palestine. This points to an apostate Jew who will lead Israel to make a covenant with Antichrist and then lead the people in his apostate beliefs and practices.
2. “He had two horns like a lamb”. Jesus is often referred to as “the Lamb of God”. The False Prophet will look like a lamb with two horns. Lambs do not have horns, which symbolize authority; instead, they are meek and mild animals.
3. “He spoke like a dragon” suggests that he will derive power of speech from the devil.
4. “He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf.” The False Prophet’s work will be to make sure the Antichrist is in full control.
5. “He made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast.” This is the False Prophets main objective.
1. The False Prophet will be able to perform great miracles which will convince people that he is serving the one true god.
2. He will make the people worship an image of Antichrist.
3. If they do not worship the image, they will be killed.
1. We must be careful as we make suggestions concerning the “Mark of the Beast”. Some people can make people like Hitler’s name equal the numbers 666. This is playing games.
2. The number 6 is the number of a human being.
3. The False Prophet will use the “Mark” as a means to force people to worship the Antichrist.
4. Without the “Mark” you cannot buy or sell.
5. Once a person receives “The Mark” their decision is final. They cannot receive Christ.
1. This must cause Christians to be urgent.
2. God does not want any to have to experience this time of His wrath.