Summary: How’s your family this morning? Strong, vibrant, standing in good relationships with love? Or is it filled with anger, yelling, crying and desperation? Our families today are under attack like never before, it’s time to reclaim our homes for Christ.
Mayor Gerardo Balmori
The Salvation Army
Like never before in the history, our families are under attack. The word attack means to affect in a harmful
way, using vigorous or violent force. The primary role of the family is parenting, that of raising children. This
great institution of marriage that God designed is the basic unit of society and the church. The family is of
How’s your family this morning? Strong, vibrant, standing in good relationships with love? Or is it filled with
anger, yelling, crying and desperation? Our families today are under attack like never before, it’s time to
reclaim our homes for Christ.
Families falling apart is not new. We see Satan attacking the home and the family way back in the Garden of
Eden. Where we see Adam & Eve disobeying God then their son Cain getting angry and killed his brother
Abel. Genesis 4:8 Now Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let’s go out to the field." And while they were in the
field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him. Satan has not changed his strategy. He’s a liar from the
beginning and a liar today. A deceiver, who abides not in the truth. His goal has always been to divide and
conquer. We’re told in... Read 2 Corinthians 11:14
Let me show you some of the Major Battlegrounds for our Families...
1. HUMANISTIC "enlightenment". (Acts 17:23)
The school system says: “There is no God”
* Humanism is a system of thought that centers on human beings and their value, capacities and worth their
capacity for truth and goodness apart from God.
* We see this so called "enlightenment" constantly in the teaching of evolution. New “wonderful ideas” has
arrived… Hilary Clinton says that it “takes a village to grow society” (the idea that the parents are not effective
raising up children, instead the government should better do it) God says we need strong families, ¿What do
2. AMORAL philosophy. (Rom 1:21)
No accountability, restraints, or standards, I’m boss; I’ll do what I please.
* God’s standard of one man and one woman for one lifetime is being redefined.
* Homosexuality, transvestites, perverted lifestyles are redefining the home & marriage.
* It was Adam & Eve NOT Adam & Steve. This "gay" lifestyle is perversion and highly destructive of the
traditional home and family. Read Romans 1:21
* This amoral invasion into our homes, a philosophy that is poisoning our families today. Which says, there is
no right or wrong, if it feels good, then do it, situation ethics.
Laws protect our children’s rights, even against parent’s discipline, but laws also allow abortion which is
children assassination. That is just Hypocrisy.
3. MEDIA invasion. (1st John 2:15)
Television, Internet, video products, etc.
1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is
not in him.
* Television portrays a world of alternative lifestyles, where wickedness abounds as being cool.
* Drug use, deviate lifestyles, sexual promiscuity is portrayed in a positive, fun, let’s all do it way.
* Television and the Internet is busting at the seams promoting pornography which is a multi-billion dollar
industry, as it systematically destroys our families and homes.
* The divorce rate among evangelical Christians is very near that of the unsaved around 50%.
* 50% of our children 6-17 have a TV in their rooms. Children watch TV an average of 1,680 minutes or 28
hours per week. With 6 out of 10 children living in a single parent household.
* We’re allowing things to come into our homes, five years ago you would never allow in.
* TV, Internet, even video games are all doing their hideous part in attacking our families.
* Sports, news, nature shows are robbing the family of precious time together - (Isolation).
* Desensitizing the Christian to allow more and more garbage and clutter into their lives.
* James Dobson said, "Child rearing is like baking a cake. You don’t realize you have a disaster until it’s too
late." Hence this series, hopefully it’s not too late in your family.
Now that I have your attention, ask yourself ... Is there a problem in MY FAMILY?
How do we win back our homes for Christ...
1. REALIZE the problem (even if it hurts).
* If your children are not turning out the way you like, it’s most likely your fault and not the kids. The very
first step in reclaiming your family is to honestly face the giant... - Wake up, be alert. Read Romans 13:11
* Often we’re sleepy, lazy Christians acting like Ostriches in denial about our problems. Many times trying in
vain to "fix" things only to find things getting worst instead of better. (Muddy)