Summary: This sermon goes through the life of Samson and touches on the flaws that lead him to physical and spiritual death. These are flaws that many people deal with today.
One of my favorite stories in the Bible is the story of Samson, because of his amazing strength. HE WAS THE MAN!!! One thing I never when I was young, though his feats were legendary, his flaws were disastrous.
Throughout these chapters we see the life of Samson.
- Samson was called to begin the deliverance of Israel
o Why was he just called to begin the Deliverance?
§ God Foresaw
1. Samson’s desire to please himself was greater then his desire to please God.
- Matt. 16: 24-26
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
- You may have a Great plan for your life, but if it’s not God’s
plan for your life…your settling for second best
- I’ve heard a lot of people say that they were a good person,
but Good is the enemy of Best
2. Samson took the Spirit of God in his life for Granted
Samson was a Blessed Man
- From the time he was born the Spirit of the Lord was on his life.
- He knew what it was to be in the presence of God
If you toying with sin you will eventually become a slave to sin!!!