Summary: • Last week we continued on the series of the Fearless Christian. • We discussed that fear is faith in reverse and fear is the reciprocal of faith. • Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. • Fear comes by hearing the words of the Satan. • Satan wan
• Last week we continued on the series of the Fearless Christian.
• We discussed that fear is faith in reverse and fear is the reciprocal of faith.
• Faith comes by hearing the Word of God.
• Fear comes by hearing the words of the Satan.
• Satan wants you to fear that God's Word will not work for you and that God will not supply your needs.
• Satan speaks words that contradicted God's Word. Know the Word of God! This is your protection from the enemy!
• The spirit of fear causes you to think you are missing out on something.
• Fear is a spiritual force, just like faith, but fear will bring to pass what you do not want to happen.
• Guard against praying fear-based prayers, or practicing biblical principles out of fear.
• Refuse fear and walk by faith.
• Let us look this week at the Word of God and see what God has to say about the fearless Christian.
(NKJV) 2 Timothy 1 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
(AMP) 2 Timothy 1 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.
1) Learn to operate according to the Kingdom of God by refusing fear.
a) Shout… I choose to operate by the Kingdom of God principles.
b) Last week we discussed that fear is the reciprocal of faith.
i) Faith comes by hearing the Word of God.
ii) Fear comes by hearing the words of Satan.
iii) The foundation of all fear is selfishness.
iv) The foundation of faith is unconditional love.
c) When you are tempted to fear, say what God has said about the situation in His Word.
d) Know His Word through daily reading and mediation on the Word.
e) Operate according to the Kingdom.
i) Giving- don’t be afraid to give of your time, talent or finances.
ii) Speak the Word to fear. Use your Bible scriptures to destroy your fear.
iii) Be a doer of the Word of God. Kingdom people are doers. If you are busy doing the work of the Lord, you will forget about your fears.
2) When you make a decision to operate in faith instead of fear, sometimes a great storm will come.
(NKJV) Mark 4 35 On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side.” 36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?” 39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, “Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?” 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, “Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!”