Summary: The fire of God sermon outline deals with the call, provision and supply of God in our lives. This begins in the bushes of our lives and flow with in us through the Holy Spirit.
FIRE OF GOD by tony abram
(Exodus 3:1) "Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb."
(Exodus 3:2) "And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed."
I. Moses was old and shepherd of sheep on the backside of the desert.
A. He failed at age 40 with his talent, rank and money to deliver his people.
1. He tried to do it in his own strength.
B. Now God moves in at age 80 in to his life, not in the palace but in a humble job.
2. God does not need out talents, rank and money, He need us.
3. When God gets us He gets everything else.
C. Bush not consumed, it is a sign and wonder.
1. What is a wonder? It is something that makes us wonder.
2. This was not unusual, as the hot sun would make bushes catch fire.
(Exodus 3:3) "And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt."
(Exo 3:4) "And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said,
3. What was unusual was that this bush burned but was not consumed.
D. Our part to be used of God at any age is to say, “Here am I.”
E. We are never to old to be used and called of God!
1. In Ventura, California, a 5-year-old boy was saved, filled with Holy Spirit and called to preach in our service.
2. In Yugoslavia a 100-year-old woman was brought to our crusade and was born again and 2 weeks later baptized in water.
3. In our crusade in Brazil a 108-year-old many was healed in his legs.
4. We are never too young or too old to receive from our living Christ.
(Exodus 3:5) "And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground."
(Exo 3:6) "Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God."
(Exo 3:7) "And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;"
8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey;
II. Moses wanted to know God’s Name.
A. What is his name? This is what the world needs to know. What shall I say unto them?
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
A. He is not the great I was, nor the great going to be, HE IS THE GREAT I AM.
B. He is a present help in the time of trouble.
III. God meeting every need on the desert. Phil. 4:13
(Exo 13:21) "And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:"