Summary: The future’s bright...
The future of the kingdom
Audio and slides at
A possible World future…..?
* Risk of economic deflation whilst gap between rich and poor grows- many now living on less than $2 per day
* Clinical depression continuing to rise - the wealthier the country the greater the suicide rate
* The aging wealthy population- already over 65s own 75% of US wealth
* Feminisation of society- already, already more women gaining jobs, more men loosing jobs
* More anger at a strong USA intervening when it feels it needs to- leading to more terror groups, and mass protests
The future of faith….?
* 1 billion Muslims worldwide = 1 in 5 of world. Increasing @ 3% per year
* 1.7 billion ‘Christians’ growing @ just under 3% per year
* Meanwhile in the UK the church looks increasingly irrelevant, hypocritical and faces crippling lawsuits for its role in failing to report cases of child abuse by priests
* Many UK denominations might become bankrupt and close- the traditional church could all but disappear off the religious landscape in a generation
Traditional UK Churches closing
* 1953 in the UK
* 13% believe in Astrology
* 2003 in the UK
* >50% believe in Astrology
* 60-80% read their horoscopes.
* It is God who holds the future in his hands
* What’s in my future?
* What’s in the Kingdom’s future?
Jesus is coming again
Jesus will be glorified on earth
His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms (Eph 3:10)
A multinational Kingdom
Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals,for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.
A LARGE Kingdom
After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice,
“Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
I have a dream……..
A Kingdom born in pain
….then one of the elders addressed me, saying, “Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?” I said to him, “Sir, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
There may be trouble ahead…
Acts 14:20-22 They returned to Lystra and to Iconium and to Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying that through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.
2 Timothy 3:12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
With great trouble comes great glory…(Mt 24:6-14)