Summary: Gospel means "good news." Several translations use the words "good news" in place of the word "gospel." The Living Bible says, "This Good News that came to you is going out all over the world and is changing lives everywhere." Isn’t it good to know we hav
1. Gospel means "good news."
2. Several translations use the words "good news" in place of the word "gospel."
3. The Living Bible says, "This Good News that came to you is going out all over the world and is changing lives everywhere."
4. Isn’t it good to know we have good news in a world of bad news? (Can I have a better Amen?)
I. THE GOSPEL BEARS FRUIT
A. IT BEARS FRUIT BY CHANGING LIVES
1. The Living Bible says, "This Good News…is changing lives everywhere."
2. Whatever the Good News is, it’s a message that changes lives.
B. THERE’S POWER IN THE GOSPEL
1. Power to change lives.
2. Power to break the power of the devil.
3. Power to break the power of the devil.
4. Power to save, heal, and deliver.
5. Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
C. IT’S CHANGING LIVES EVERYWHERE
1. One of our young people wrote me the other day and told me about someone telling him that he could never be anything but a gangster.
2. He was destined to be a gangster and there was nothing that could stop it.
3. I guess he believes the gospel doesn’t work in New Mexico.
4. Is it the power of God to the Jew and to the Gentile, but not to the Mexican?
5. What kind of talk is that?
6. Do you know what a Gentile is?
7. You’re either a Jew or a Gentile.
8. A Gentile is a non-Jew.
9. You’re either a Jew or a non-Jew.
10. It is the power of God unto ALL
II. YOU MUST HEAR THE GOSPEL
A. FAITH COMES BY HEARING
1. He said it changed your lives because you heard it.
2. You’ve got to hear it.
3. You can’t claim a promise that you’ve never heard.
4. You can’t accept an offer if you don’t know it exists.
5. You need to hear the Good News.
B. SHE WAS BLIND BUT NOW SHE SEES
1. In the news a few years ago was the story of a woman who had been blind for over 50 years.
2. She had been born blind.
3. They performed eye surgery on her in a hospital in Canada.
4. Afterwards, for the first time in her life she saw the form and color of the world.
5. The amazing thing about her story was that 20 years of her blindness had been unnecessary.
6. She didn’t know that surgical techniques had been developed, and that an operation could have restored her vision at the age of 30.
7. The doctor said, "She just figured there was nothing that could be done about her condition."
8. Much of her life could have been different.
9. Why did she assume that her situation was hopeless? BECAUSE SHE HAD NOT HEARD!
C. THERE ARE MILLIONS WHO ARE SPIRITUALLY BLIND
1. They don’t know that there is a cure.
2. They haven’t heard the gospel - the good news.
III. YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THE GOSPEL
A. SOME PEOPLE PREACH TOO DEEP
1. They use such high sounding phrases, when they get through your head’s rattling.
2. You don’t even know what they’ve been talking about.
3. I’d rather just preach on the level right where the rubber meets the road. Amen!
B. THE GOSPEL IS GOD’S GREAT KINDNESS TO SINNERS
1. The gospel is described in the Bible as God’s great kindness to sinners.