Summary: Series based on John 15 about abiding in the vine, which is Christ.
God is the grower, Christ the vine, and you & me the offshoots of the vine.
The Process of growing Christians in God’s vineyard:
1. Choose appropriate grape & plant in best area of vineyard (No Cali grapes in NE OH) Location must be best choice, not just for harvest now, but for years to come!
2. Build a strong support framework (lattice) for the branches to grow up around (Church)
YOU MUST STAY CONNECTED TO THE VINE TO GROW AND NOT DIE! (See V. 4)
USE BABY CONNECTED TO UMBILICAL CORD. ABIDE OR ABORT DESTINY!
3. You must bury the branches up to their neck. Just because you’re “under some dirt” doesn’t mean God can’t see you. Everybody needs a little dirt to grow, just be in the right soil (NOT YOUR CHOSING, HIS!)
4. Give them some water (not enough to drown them but just enough for the roots to get thirsty and go down to seek more. SEEK THE WATER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!)
5. Critical to stay facing and drawing from the SON’S LIGHT!
6. Pruning and Pest Removal (God, like a master surgeon, cuts us to heal us, not hurt us. He also prunes and removes pests from our lives: PEOPLE, PLACES, AND THINGS!)
7. Though most vines produce fruit in 5-6 months, the best fruit often take 1-3 years. The Gardener, NOT THE BRANCHES, know when the fruit is best ready for harvest! (Gallo, “We’ll sell no wine, before its time!”)