Summary: This is the 20th sermon in the series "The End". This sermon concerns the harvest of the earth.
Sunday Evening September 8, 2002 Bel Aire Baptist Church
Series: “The End” [#20]
THE HARVEST OF THE EARTH
1. In chapter 14 we have been told of what is going to happen in the last 3 ½ years of the Tribulation.
2. We have studied the cup of wrath that God is going to pour out of this world.
3. Tonight we are going to look at the harvest of the grain and of the grape.
Harvest Of Grain
1. While winning the lost to Jesus Christ is sometimes pictured as a harvest, this image is also used of God’s judgment.
2. Now who is going to reap the harvest of the earth? The one sitting on the white cloud is Jesus. Notice He has a sharp sickle in His hand and He is going to use it.
3. God has allowed the seed of sin to grow until it is ripe and then He will judge.
Harvest Of Grape
There are several places in Scripture where the grape harvest is a picture of judgment. Scripture pictures 3 different vines.
1. Israel was God’s vine planted in the land to bear fruit for God’s glory; but the nation failed God and had to be cut down.
2. Today, Christ is the Vine and believers are branches in Him.
3. The world system is also a vine. It is the “earth’s vine” and it is ripening for judgment. This vine will be cut down and destroyed.
1. John is describing a river of blood that will be about 4 foot deep and 180 miles long.
2. Most scholars believe this prophesy is of Armageddon. At the Battle of Armageddon Christ will come with His army and will kill these wicked people with a sword.
3. God will be victorious. Today God speaks to us through grace. Don’t wait until He has to speak through His wrath.