The Holy Place
Contributed by Dewayne Bolton on Feb 12, 2001 (message contributor)
Summary: The joy of living in the HOly PLace
PSALMS 24:3-4 THE HOLY PLACE
A. Psalms 23 ends with the hope of dewlling in the house of the Lord forever.
a. This is a hope all cherish
b. It is also a possibility available to all
B. The verses I read to you ask a question and give an answer.
a. The question is WHO SHALL ASCEND TO THE HILL OF THE LORD AND WHO WHALL STAND IN HIS HOLY PLACE?
b. The answer is HE THAT HAS CLEAN HANDS AND A PURE HEART
1. The answer signifies two works of grace
2. The clean hands signifies forgiveness of sin
3. The pure heart signifies a sanctified heart
C. The question areises What is ment by the Holy Place?
a. In the Old Testament economy is tis the place where God came to reveal Himself and His commandments to His people.
b. Today it stands fro the experiance of Holiness of heart and life.
1. This is the experiance Jesus prayed for His desciples to have when He prayed His high priestly prayer recorded in John chapter 17.
2. It is also the experiance the writer of Hebrews tells us Jesus suffered without the gate that we might possess. Heb. 13:12
Note the wording WHEREFORE JESUS ALSO THAT HE MIGHT SANCTIFY THE PEOPLE WITH HIS OWN BLOOD SUFFERED WITHOUT THE GATE.
3. The word ALSO means in addition to and besides.
4. It signifies that in addition and beside sheding His blood to save us He shed His blood to sanctify us.
c. However for now I want to look at some advantages of obtaining a sanctified heart that allows us to walk with Jusus in the Holy Place
I. FIRST THE HOLY PLACE IS A PLACE OF DELIVERANCE
A. It delivers from;
a. The guilt of sin
1. Sin when committed brings guilt and guilt is a terrible thing to have.
2. However because of Jesus and Calvary we do not have to live a life of guilt, and condmnation but can live a life of freedom.
b. It delivers from the power of sin
1. Many today fail to realizr the power of sin
2. The songwriter tried to describe it to us when he wrote, SIN WILL TAKE YOU FURTHER THAN YOU WANT TO GO, SIN WILL KEEP YOU LONGER THAN YOU WANT TO STAY, SIN WILL COST YOU FAR MORE THAN YOU WANT TO PAY.
3. It delivers from the posion, prinsion , pollution and penality of sin.
4. However there is one more thing Holiness delivers one from and that is the PRINCIPLE OF SIN
(a). This is where the real problem lies
(b). Take care of the principle, the cause of sin and most of man’s problems are taken care of.
(c). For it is the principle of sin that causes one to committ the acts of sin.
II. SECOND THE HOPY PLACE IS A HIDING PLACE
A. We need a hiding place from;
a. The accusing finger of consicience
b. fear that torments the soul
c. the gathering storm.
Ill. some years ago I had closed a revival meeting in a near by town to where I was living and pastoring. It was late at nitht, infact it was past midnight as the service had lasted till midnight with people at the alter seeking and finding God. As my wife, our boys and I left, I looked out toward the easter sky and said to them, theres a storm coming and I hope we make it home before the storm breaks. We didn’t. Today as I look toward the eastern sky I see another storm approching. The intensity of this sorm is so great that Jesus said IT IS A TIME THAT HAS NEVER BEEN AND A TIME THAT WILL NEVER BE AGAIN. The wonderfus thing about this storm is that every true follower of Jesus will make it home before the storm breaks. The sad thing is those that are not wholly followering Jesus will have to go through and suffer untold agony in and during this storm. I am glad ladies and gentlemen to tell you, you do not have to suffer the torments of this storm for there is a HIDING PLACE.
III. THIRD THE HOLY PLACE IS A PLACE OF HONOR.
A. No greater could be given man on this earth than the privledge and honor of abiding in the HOLY PLACE, the obtaining Holy heart and lifing a Holy life.
IV. FOURTH THE HOLY PLACE IS A PLACE OF POWER
A. We live in a power conscious age.
a. Every one wants power
B. When one is in favor with the King he/she is in a place of power.
a. When Queen Esther stood in favor with the king she accomplisehed something.
b. She accomplished the saving of herself and her people when she approched the king uninvited and he held out to her the golden scepter.