Summary: In order to walk in the Spirit, we must intimately know the person of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Trinity. He is the source of your power that is responsible for your success in life. The Holy Spirit lives within you. We
· Last week we discussed that we must walk in the Spirit. We no longer have the law, but a better covenant washed in the blood of Jesus.
· Jesus came to free us from the law; its guilt & condemnation.
· In order to walk in the Spirit, we must intimately know the person of the Holy Spirit.
· The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Trinity. He is the source of your power that is responsible for your success in life.
· The Holy Spirit lives within you. We must daily renew our fellowship with Him. We accomplish this through prayer, meditation on the Word, and praise and worship.
· Renewing your spirit daily is essential to seeing God’s power in your life.
· Let us look to the scriptures this morning as discover more about the Holy Spirit in you.
A. Through the Holy Spirit, we have the power within to get results in every area of life.
1. The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).
a. The Holy Spirit is your helper to achieve the plans of God in our life.
b. The Holy Spirit communicates every plan and purpose from God in the earth.
2. The Holy Spirit gives power in the life of the Christian.
a. He positions you to have an advantage in life.
b. All power comes through the Holy Spirit, its not you, it’s the God in you.
c. You cannot walk in the power of the Spirit without a hunger for God.
3. You will receive power from God when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.
(NKJV) Acts 1 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
a. Jesus did not do any miracles until the Holy Spirit came upon Him.
(NKJV) Luke 4 14 Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee, and news of Him went out through all the surrounding region.
B. The Holy Spirit’s purpose.
1. The Holy Spirit resides within you as a result of being born again. You were “filled” with the Holy Spirit.
2. If you allow the Holy Spirit to reign in your life, He will produce the nine gifts of the spirit in your life.
(NKJV) Galatians 5 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
a. The Holy Spirit can only reside in a Believer.
(NKJV) John 14 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
b. The Bible speaks of the Holy Spirit as a well of water.
(NKJV) John 4 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”
3. When you walk in the Spirit, you are equipped with power to do the supernatural. You will do things you could not do in your own ability.
a. When the Holy Spirit is upon you, it is for service and ministry to others.