Summary: Worship is putting God where He deserves: First! …which means everything else takes 2nd! In a day when red ribbons don’t impress many, the Bible sets a different tone. Let’s take a look at some wonderful 2nds...
Hebrew 11:1-3, 6 – Faith is…putting God where He deserves…First!
* …which means everything else takes 2nd!
* Faith is believing God is – creation, conscience, word
* That He is at work – circumstances, cause / effect, family, finances, future
Famous 2nd’s (good/bad both)
* 2nd hand +/-
* 2nd owner -
* 2nd opinion +
* 2nd place -
* 2nd thought +/-
* 2nd class -
* 2nd half +
Generally –negative- what about the call at a fine food establishment = "Anyone up for 2nds?" …yeah!
The 2nd man – I Corinthians 15:47 – Christ
* 2nd in time to Adam…but greater in salvation / future potential
The 2nd birth – John 3:3, 5-6 – Salvation
* 2nd in time to physical birth – greater in power / importance
The 2nd Death – Revelation 20:14, 21:8 – Doom
* 2nd in time in physical death – worse in effects [alternative]
The 2nd Heaven & 2nd earth – Revelation 21:1, 2 – future
* 2nd in time to current earth / heaven – greater in glory & experience
* 2nd in time to His 1st coming in Bethlehem – our “blessed hope”
A 2nd chance – John 20:25, 27-28 – Thomas
* 2nd in time – more wonderful in God’s patience w/us – Jonah 3:1-2