Summary: Perfect Faith is faith that includes Pardoning Faith, Purifying Faith, Penetrating Faith, and Perservering Faith.
THE IMPORTANCE OF FAITH
The Importance of Perfect Faith
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Last week we started this sermon series on The Importance of Faith. The first message was The Importance of Pleasing Faith. We said that pleasing faith brought Salvation, Serenity, Satisfaction, and Service. And we also noted that if we please God with our faith then He would declare us to be righteous!
This week we are looking at The Importance of Perfect Faith. Someone said, “Nothing is perfect.” I disagree. Jesus is perfect! Grace is perfect! And it takes a perfect faith in order to receive a perfect Jesus and a perfect grace!
1. Verse 22 – Jesus said, “Have faith in God.” Is that not the message the Lord is still telling the sinful and the saved still today? Simply have faith in God. If you put all your faith in God, you will have perfect faith!
2. Verse 23 - (Read verse) Perfect faith is a faith that moves mountains. Your faith does not have to be big. It only has to be big as a mustard seed, but it must be a perfect faith!
3. Verse 24 – He said that whatever you desire, you must believe it in order to receive it! Perfect faith takes belief! He said if you believe, “ye shall have them.” (Not part of them, but all the desires of your heart!)
4. So why is perfect faith so important? The answer is found when you look at what kind of faith makes faith perfect.
Body – The Importance of Perfect Faith
I. Pardoning Faith is Perfect Faith
Romans 5:1-2 1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
A. The Promise in Pardoning Faith
2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.”
Isaiah 1:18 18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
1. His Promise is Not Hid – If you repent and have faith that He will pardon you, then He will pardon you!
2. His Promise is Not Handled So many do not take care of business concerning their salvation and faith. It is time that people take responsibility and care enough to put faith (a pardoning faith) in Christ.
B. The Peace in Pardoning Faith
**If you will have faith that you can be pardon through Jesus, you will find peace! In that peace you will find . . .
1. Justification - Your sins are removed and you are justified!
2. Joy - This peace brings joy!
3. Jesus – Jesus is always found in this peace!
C. The Pass in Pardoning Faith
Pardoning Faith means my sins are . . .
1. Forgiven - All my sins are washed away!
2. Forgotten – All my sins are thrown away!
**Pardoning Faith is important to having Perfect Faith!
II. Purifying Faith is Perfect Faith
Acts 15:9 “And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.”
A. Heart Purifying Faith
I John 1:9 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
** Heart Purification means you are . . .
1. Convicted - You cannot purify yourself, and you cannot convict yourself. The Holy Ghost convicts us by leading us from worldly sin to a wonderful savior!
a. Confess the Faults - Tell God that you have sinned.
b. Confess the Faulty – Tell God you are a sinner.
c. Confess the Faith - Tell God that you have faith that He can purify you!
To be contrite means you are regretting, you are remorseful, and you are repenting while having purifying faith that God will redeem you and restore you!!
B. Holy Purifying Faith
Holy Purifying Faith says that . . .