Summary: In this life men are drawn unto Him to consider His deity; the salvation He offers and His lordship. After this life...the judgment.
THE INESCAPABLE CHRIST
“And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself. But He was saying this to indicate the kind of death He was to die.” John 12:32-33.
I. MEN ARE DRAWN UNTO HIM TO CONSIDER THE CONCEPT OF HIS DIETY. Consider the following questions.
1. Do you believe that He is co-equal, co-existent and co-eternal with the Father? “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.” John 1:1-2.
2. Do you accept the Bible teaching of His miraculous virgin birth? “Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: ‘Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.” Isaiah 7:14.
3. Do you accept the Bible teaching of His sacrificial, vicarious death? "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace." Ephesians 1:7.
4. Do you accept the Bible teaching of His glorious bodily resurrection? “…It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen…” Romans 8:34a.
5. Do you accept the Bible teaching of His present intercession? “…who is even at the right hand of God, who also make intercession for us.” v. 34b
6. Do you accept the Bible teaching of His Second Coming to earth? “…I will come again and receive you to Myself…" John 14:3a.
II. MEN ARE DRAWN UNTO HIM TO ACCEPT OR REJECT THE SALVATION HE OFFERS.
"He came unto His own, but His own received Him not. But as many as did receive Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name." John 1:11-12.
III. MEN ARE DRAWN UNTO HIM TO ACCEPT OR REJECT HIS LORDSHIP.
“But why call you Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?”
“From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.” John 6: 66.
IV. ONE DAY MEN WILL BE DRAWN UNTO HIM IN JUDGMENT.
“For the Father judges no one, but He has committed all judgment to the Son.” John 5:22.
“In the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.” Romans 2:16.