Summary: The bible contains about 4000 plus promises for every situation in our lives. These promises are provided to us from spoken word of God in the form of a seed to meet every specific need in our lives.
The Importance of Faith
Sermon by Pastor Angel M. Collazo
Ebenezer Christian Center
Big Idea: The bible contains about 4000 plus promises for every situation in our lives. These promises are provided to us from spoken word of God in the form of a seed to meet every specific need in our lives. We know clearly that God knows all our needs, but he will not fulfill them until we ask him to fulfill each specific need. This is important because it establishes a relationship, and dependence between yourself and God. This process is called faith. Faith is a tool provided to us by God to get the manifestation of these promises. This faith will transfer the reality of the spiritual world to the physical world producing a witness to a lost world of the power of God.
Illustration: A farmer plants his seed without any doubts of rather it is going to produce fruit or not. He is confident that it will produce fruit. The farmer knows that the ground will do its part, but he also know that he has to do his part if he wants to see a harvest.
Big Question: How do I activate the manifestation of these seed promises to meet our needs?
1. Specifically asking God for what it’s we want from him. (Luke’s 18:40-43)
2. Understanding the difference between Revelation and information. (I Samuel 17:38-40)
a. Revelation is the promise coming to you in a seed form from the word of God independent of information.
b. Information comes from the logic of the mind trying to interpret, and make sense of the seed of the word of God when we hear it.
3. We must receive the manifestation of the promise in its seed form in the moment you declare your need to the Lord. (Luke 18:42)
a. We can’t say God is going to do it.
b. We must say God has already done it.
4. We must be constantly aware that the enemy is all ways trying to make our faith fail. (Luke 22:31-32)
a. Faith is the insurance that has given you what you asked for.
b. Faith is the tool we have to prepare for the harvest of the fruit that’s coming as a result of the seed already planted in you.
1. The Bible is a basket of seeds.
2. The human spirit is a fertile ground ready to receive the word.
3. The Holy Spirit plants the seed in our human spirit.
4. We must use the tool of Faith as the instrument God has provided to activate the promises.
In order for the seed to bring forward its fruit we must do the following:
1. Pray every day.
2. Start a bible reading plan.
3. Memorize scriptures.
4. Look for the specific promises that meet your needs in the scriptures.
5. Fast (Give something up to be alone with God).
6. Attend your church weekly.
7. Attend your weekly home group meeting.
8. Listen to Christian music.
9. Memorize Christian song lyrics.
10. Give your tithes and offerings.
11. Volunteer your time to ministry outreach.
12. Share your testimony with co workers, family, and friends.
13. Go on a Short tern mission’s trip.