Summary: On the cover "The Jesus Family Tomb, The Discovery, the Investigation, and the Evidence That Could Change History" This book and movie is flawed because they have not sought the truth
# The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown - Mar 28, 2006
# The Jesus Dynasty: The Hidden History of Jesus, His Royal Family, and the Birth of Christianity by James D. Tabor -April 4, 2006 - Jesus’ father was neither God nor Joseph, but another man, possibly a Roman soldier named Pantera
# The Gospel of Judas by National Geographic Society - April 4, 2006 - Judas is an obedient servant who, when turning Jesus in to the authorities, is simply following Jesus’ own direction as a necessary step for God’s plan to come to fulfillment. Judas is portrayed as the closest of the apostles to Jesus, a leader among the apostles
# The Bone Box by Itamar Bernstein - Nov 14, 2006 - Fictional thriller
# The Jesus Papers: Exposing the Greatest Cover-Up in History (Plus) by Michael Baigent - Reprint Feb 27, 2007 - Jesus was a mere human being who plotted his own hoax death
# Jesus for the Non-Religious by John Shelby Spong - Feb 27, 2007 (that the traditional teachings like the Trinity and prayer for divine intervention must be debunked as the mythological trappings of a primitive worldview)
- Emmy award-winning documentary filmmaker Simcha Jacobovici
- Produced by "Titanic" director James Cameron
- Premiered on Discovery Channel 3/6/07
- View by Four million viewers
- Reached #6 NY Times’ best seller list
- Now being released on DVD in April
Found Ossuaries that Belonged To:
- Discovery Channel said this find could rewrite the history of early Christianity
• His wife Mary Magdalene
• His Son Judah
- Because of unrelated DNA)
-It tries to prove that located in a suburb called East Talpiot (just south of the old city of Jerusalem) is the family plot of Jesus Christ
- Had the help of reputable archeologists, historians, DNA experts, robot-camera technicians, epigraphers and a CSI expert from New York’s Long Island,
Why this Subtle Attack
- Christianity convicts the unbeliever, if
we can disprove it our conscience is then set at ease.
- First attack and rid the world of Christ
and then present propagate your own agenda
On the book cover: The Jesus Family Tomb, The Discovery, the Investigation, and the Evidence That Could Change History " written by Simcha Jacobovici and Charles Pellegrino
1, Not new, Ossuary discovered in 1980
- Inscribed in Aramaic with the name "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus" was once part of the "family tomb" collection.
2. In 1931 an ossuary was found with the inscription “Jesus son of Joseph
- This now makes two “son of Jesus” on it
3. 100 ossuaries in Israel bear the names Jesus, Joseph, and Mary
- 22 ossuaries have been found with the name of Jesus on them
- Another ossuary had “Shimeon son of Jesus.”
- Joseph is the second most common male name in the period.
- Jesus is the sixth.
- 1/4 of the pop at that time were named Mary
- No know relationship of Jesus to Matthew
- Mk.6:3 Lists four half-brothers of Christ: James, Joses (or Joseph), Judas (not Judas the traitor) and Simon.
- There were ossuaries for a James and a Jose, no other ossuaries with inscriptions for these additional brothers and sisters were found.