Summary: Why you will have joy by giving to missions
2 Co. 8:2
You have no doubt seen the acrostic JOY. You can have joy when you put Jesus first, others second and yourselves last. Let’s apply that to mission giving.
Why will you have joy when you give to missions?
Because Jesus is glorified.
1. Eph. 3:23
2. 2 Co. 9:6ff - the people glorified God
3. When does our giving glorify Jesus?
a. when it is generous
b. when it is cheerful
c. when it helps those in need
Because you help a man on the field.
1. 2 Co. 8:1-7 - helped the poor saints
2. 2 Co. 9:12 - helped the saints
3. 2 Co. 10:15-16 - Paul’s ministry had been hindered because they lacked faith enough to get behind him
4. Ph. 4:12ff - Paul was thankful for how his needs had been met through offerings
Because it brings gladness to our hearts
1. It is in giving that we receive
2. When we let go of our grip God will help us to enjoy the act of giving