Summary: This is about the judgement seat of Christ and how we will be judged in that day.
Genesis 49:1-4 KJV And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.  Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father.  Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power:  Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel; because thou wentest up to thy father’s bed; then defiledst thou it: he went up to my couch.
2 Corinthians 5:10 KJV For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
l. INTRODUCTION -- THE JUDGEMENT SEAT OF CHRIST
-Looming in the future of every person is an event that none will be able to escape. Every person will at some point appear before the Lord. Scripture specifically mentions that we will be judged in one of two places:
• The White Throne Judgment -- Revelation 20:11-15
-The word judgment seat in 2 Corinthians 5:10 translates into bema. This will be the place where the lives, character, and the deeds of the saints of God will be established. What judgment is meted out, will determine where the saints will serve in the Millienial Kingdom.
-It will be at that place that our ministry, our service, and most importantly our motives will be finally and truly discovered.
• Hypocrisy and pretense will be stripped away from us.
• Every thing that is earthly and temporal will vanish and be consumed like wood, hay, and stubble by the fire of God’s testing.
• Matters that held no eternal significance will literally disappear.
-On the other hand. . .
• True godly motives will remain like pure gold.
• Righteousness that has been exalted in the lives of saints will be a heavenly treasure.
• Godliness will stand the test of the heat.
• The fruits that come from the discipline of prayer and fasting will finally be revealed.
-I have a feeling that all will be so preoccupied with what God reveals in our own lives that we will notice little about what is occurring in the lives of others. For this reason, we must allow this message help us to give up all of the impure motives and desires that monopolize and control our lives.
• Free us from self-justification.
• Deliver us from rationalizing our own failures.
• Remove any hint of self-deception.
• Pull away the veil that blinds us.
-My life of service (or performance to obedience) to God, to the family of God, and to the Church is going to make a drastic difference as to where I will end up in the Kingdom. At the point of this judgment, it will be too late to make amends and “fix” things into what they should have been all along.
A. Accountable for What?
-When we get to the judgment seat of Christ there some things that we will be held accountable for:
• Every Word We Speak
Matthew 12:36 KJV But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.