Summary: MANKIND HAS A CHOICE BETWEEN HEAVEN AND HELL. WHEN WE ACCEPT CHRIST AS OUR SAVIOR, WE RECEIVE A SPIRITUAL KEY TO ALL THAT HEAVEN AFFORDS
6/17/07 THE KEY TO THE FATHER’S HOUSE
JOHN 14: 1--4 (how many have a key(or had a key) to your father’s house?
INTRODUCTION: ISAIAH 22: 22>> THE KEY OF THE HOUSE OF DAVID WILL BE LAID UPON THE LORD’S SHOULDER. REVELATION 3:7>>HE SHALL OPEN AND NONE SHALL SHUT. HE SHALL SHUT AND NONE MAY OPEN. WE SEE THE AUTHORITY OF THE LORD AS WELL AS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INDIVIDUAL CHRISTIAN.
1. REVELATION 1:18>>I AM HE THAT LIVETH, AND WAS DEAD, BUT BEHOLD, I AM ALIVE FOREVERMORE, AND HAVE THE KEYS TO DEATH AND TO HELL.
2. MANKIND HAS A CHOICE BETWEEN HEAVEN AND HELL.
JESUS SAID IN JOHN 10*: “I AM THE DOOR”.
3. GOD HAS GIVEN US A CHOICE; WE CAN ACCEPT CHRIST AND RECEIVE A KEY TO THE HEAVENLY FATHER’S HOUSE,(JOHN 1:12) OR WE CAN REJECT HIM AND CHOOSE THE KEY THAT OPENS UP THE DOORS OF HELL FOREVER. (JOHN 3: 18)
3. WHEN WE REPENT OF OUR SINS, ACCEPT CHRIST AS OUR SAVIOR, WE RECEIVE A SPIRITUAL KEY TO ALL THAT HEAVEN AFFORDS.
4 . I LOVE THE STORY OF THE PRODIGAL SON IN LUKE 15, WHERE THE YOUNGER SON LEFT HOME, ABANDONED ALL AND FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY THAT LIFE IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS TO BE WHEN WE ARE YOUNG.** (SOMEBODY SAID: “HIRE 16 YEAR OLDS TO WORK FOR YOU, THEY KNOW EVERYTHING)
5. THIS YOUNGER SON, WHEN HE CAME TO HIS SENSES FOUND HE STILL HAD A KEY TO HIS FATHER’S HOUSE
I. HE FOUND PROVISIONS IN THE FATHER’S HOUSE.
PHILIPPIANS 4:19: MY GOD SHALL SUPPLY ALL MY NEED ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY THROUGH CHRIST JESUS.
1. I HAD RATHER HAVE A KEY TO THE HEAVENLY FATHER’S HOUSE THAN TO HAVE A KEY TO THE WHITE HOUSE.
(A) HE FOUND FOOD IN THE FATHER’S HOUSE**
(B) HE FOUND FAVOR IN THE FATHER’S HOUSE**
( C ) HE FOUND FORGIVENESS IN THE FATHER’S HOUSE.**
1. HE FOUND SHOES THAT THE SERVANTS COULD NOT OWN
2. HE FOUND A RING THAT SIGNIFIED SON-SHIP
3. HE FOUND A ROYAL ROBE THAT SIGNIFIED FULL PARDON.
4. HE FOUND ALL THIS BECAUSE HE WAS HIS FATHER’S SON, HIS KEY STILL FIT THE FATHER’S HOUSE.
II. HE FOUND PROTECTION IN THE FATHER’S HOUSE.
JOHN 10: 28--30
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one."
(A) HE WILL PROTECT US FROM ALL THAT HELL CAN POSSIBLY OFFER UP AGAINST US. Matt 16:18
upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
(B) HE WILL PROTECT US FROM THE WILES OF THE DEVIL.
12 for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole amour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
(C ) HE WILL PROTECT US AGAINST THE PERSECUTION OF THE WORLD JOHN 16:33 : I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD **
III. HE FOUND PEACE IN THE FATHER’S HOUSE
ROMANS 5:1: JUSTIFIED BY FAITH
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
WE HAVE PEACE THROUGH CHRIST JESUS.
(B) EPH 2:14: SATISFIED BY FAITH.
14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility.
( C) COL. 3:15 UNIFIED BY FAITH.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.
IV. HE FOUND PERFECTION IN THE FATHER’S HOUSE. Rom 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
(A) WE ARE MADE PERFECT THROUGH CHRIST.
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,