Summary: GOD INTENDS FOR US ALL TO LIVE A SUCCESSFUL LIFE IN HIM. THIS SERMON IS TO GIVE US ACCESS TO THE KEYS GOD HS PROVIDED FOR ACHIEVING THIS SUCCESS.
The Keys to a Successful Christian Life
Matthew 16. 18 – 19
And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
• How many people are already successful?
• Every Christian wants to be successful in life: in ministry, at work/profession, family etc and be able to meet your obligations.
• Matthew 6. 9 - 11: The Lord’s Prayer. First request was for provisions and blessings!
9 In this manner, therefore, pray:
11 give us this day our daily bread
• God therefore wants us all to succeed and do well. Let’s look at the lives of some successful Bible characters to confirm this:
• Job 1.3: There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was blameless and upright, and one who feared God and shunned evil. 2 And seven sons and three daughters were born to him. 3 Also, his possessions were seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen, five hundred female donkeys, and a very large household, so that this man was the greatest of all the people of the East.
• Genesis 12. 1-3: 7 extraordinary blessings for Abraham
Now the LORD had said to Abram: “Get out of your country, From your family And from your father’s house, To a land that I will show you. 1. I will make you a great nation; 2. I will bless you, 3. And make your name great; 4. And you shall be a blessing. 5. I will bless those who bless you, 6. And I will curse him who curses you; 7. And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
• Gen 26.12 – 14: Then Isaac sowed in that land, and reaped in the same year a hundredfold; and the LORD blessed him. The man began to prosper, and continued prospering until he became very prosperous; for he had possessions of flocks and possessions of herds and a great number of servants. So the Philistines envied him.
• Jacob: same thing for Jacob
• 1 Kings 10.1-8: Now when the queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon concerning the name of the LORD, she came to test him with hard questions. 2 She came to Jerusalem with a very great retinue, with camels that bore spices, very much gold, and precious stones; and when she came to Solomon, she spoke with him about all that was in her heart. 3 So Solomon answered all her questions; there was nothing so difficult for the king that he could not explain it to her. 4 And when the queen of Sheba had seen all the wisdom of Solomon, the house that he had built, 5 the food on his table, the seating of his servants, the service of his waiters and their apparel, his cupbearers, and his entryway by which he went up to the house of the LORD, there was no more spirit in her. 6 Then she said to the king: “It was a true report which I heard in my own land about your words and your wisdom. 7 However I did not believe the words until I came and saw with my own eyes; and indeed the half was not told me. Your wisdom and prosperity exceed the fame of which I heard.
• 10.18-25: Moreover the king made a great throne of ivory, and overlaid it with pure gold. 19 The throne had six steps, and the top of the throne was round at the back; there were armrests on either side of the place of the seat, and two lions stood beside the armrests. 20 Twelve lions stood there, one on each side of the six steps; nothing like this had been made for any other kingdom.