Summary: Jesus said that the last days will mirror the days of Noah... they certainly do! Noah’s life is an example of how Christians ought to live in a world surrounded by wickedness.
Matthew 24:36-39 | Hebrew 11:7
The Days of Noah
* These days would be like the days when the Lord returns:
Genesis 6: * When corruption is common place
* V1 – Population explosion – (USA – 1900:80m / 2000:300m)
* V4 – Abnormal sexual practices and increased demonic activity
* V5 – Wicked imaginations (II Timothy 3:13) rage, hatred, deviant, mischief at a young age
* V11 – Violence – news, games, music, schools, streets
Food / entertaining, marriage / relationships, work – too busy with life to listen to Noah…too busy to notice…too busy to care!
1. Proved by His Works – Eph. 2:8-10 / James 2:26
* The reason our religion (churches) seem DEAD – (no action)
* Life is motion – if you quit moving – you’ll die…don’t stop trusting!
* How? take a stand; make that sacrifice; don’t be silent; shine; II Peter 2:5
* Story of Charles Peece, “Do you believe that?” – to chaplain in death row
2. Patient in Waiting – 120 years (even before his sons were born)
* Waiting on God – not twiddling thumbs – no! grab an apron and wait!
* Keep praying; keep pounding; stay put; don’t quit; don’t leave until God opens the door
3. Provoked by Fear – * Not always a bad thing – depends on what / who is feared
* Greatest motive = love…but only fear moves some: Drivers Ed., Fat School, smokers
* Hebrew 10:31 (see v 30c) – you and I have a judgment!
4. Protected His family – protecting and pounding – more than locks and pay stubs…(the golden compass)
5. Prevailed amidst unbelief – (Matthew 7:13-14) He was on the winning side!