Summary: God's timetable is better than ours.
LUKE 19:11- 14. AMP
“While they were listening to these things, Jesus went on to tell a parable, because He was near Jerusalem, and they assumed that the kingdom of God was going to appear immediately [as soon as He reached the city]. So He said, “A nobleman went to a distant country to obtain for himself a kingdom, and [then] to return. So he called ten of his servants, and gave them ten minas [one apiece, each equal to about a hundred days’ wages] and said to them, ‘Do business [with this] until I return.’ But his citizens [the residents of his new kingdom] hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We do not want this man to be a king over us.’”
A. Today Is Palm Sunday
1. The triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem
2. Prophesied in Zechariah 9:9
B. The Parable Given to Prepare His Disciples for Psalm Sunday
A. THE RECEIVING OF A KINGDOM (vs 12)
1. The neglected part of our message.
(a) A king was born in Bethlehem
(b) The word given to Mary (Luke 1:32)
(c) The wise men came seeking a king (Matt.2:1-12).
2. Palm Sunday brought the presentation of the King
(a) At first came reception, praise, honour.
(b) Palm branches placed before the King (John 12:13)
(c) "Blessed be the King"(vs 38).
3. The rejection of the King
(a) The cries of the crowd soon changed.
(b) Betrayal, bearing, crucifixion.
4. The crucified King (Luke 23:33)
5. The resurrected King (Luke 24)
B. THE RETURN OF THE KING (vs12)
1. The king was to go away and return
(a) Spoken to those expected the kingdom then
(b) God 's timetable is better than ours.
2. The triumphal entry began at the Mt. Of Olives( vs 29)
(a) The ascension also at the Mt. olives (Acts 1)
(b) Question there about the kingdom at that time (Acts 1:6).
3. How impatient we are!
4. The kingdom will come when the King returns
5. The future triumphal entry (Rev. 19:11-16)
C. THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE KING'S SERVANTS. (vs 13)
1. "Occupy till I come"
2. This is also His command to you and me
(a) We are to be carrying on His work
(b) We are to represent Him to the world
(c) We are to seize each moment to serve Him.
3. The ten pounds given to the servants (vs 13)
(a) What are you doing with your talents and abilities?
(b) How will you account for your service when the King comes?
A. The World Rejects the King Today?
1. "We will not have this man to rule over us" (vs 14)
2.Have you been rejecting Him too?
B. He wants to be King of your Life Today.