Summary: The Fall of Adam
Genesis 3:1-21 THE LAMB IS PROMISED 1. Adam's Sin Through I. SATANIC DOCTRINE v. 1-3
1. The Doubts 1 Yea, hath God said,
2. The Distinction 5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 3. The Denial 4 Ye shall not surely die:
II. SATANIC DECEPTION v. 6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
1. The Blessings of Salvation were Forgotten And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food
2. The Basis of Sin was Formed and a tree to be desired to make one wise
3. The Believing of Satan was Fulfilled she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, III. SATANIC DIRECTION v. .7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. The Fall :- a) From Sin to Shame - 3:7a "...naked"
b) From Shame to Sham - 3:7b "sewed fig leaves..."
c) From Sham to Separation - 3:8 and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
IV. SATANIC DARKNESS v. 8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. They Became :-
1. Darkened to God's Words
2. Darkened to God's Witness (the garden)
3. Darkened to God's Worship 2. Adam Summoned v.9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? It's A :- Pertinent Question called unto Adam (Adam was hiding) Personnal Question called unto Adam Practical Question Where art thou? Answer Honestly & you can be saved, Answer Dishonestly & you will be lost 3. Adam Searched v 10 -13 10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. 2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Hebrews 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. There Is No:- Avoiding The Issue Of Judgement Evading The Issue Of Judgement Escaping The Issue Of Judgement 4. Adam Sentenced v. 14 - 19 Sentence Of :- (a) War v 14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (b) Woe v 16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. (c) Work v 17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. 5. Adam Saved v 20 - 24 21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them. (a) Sin was Confronted (b) Sin was Confessed (c) Sin was Covered But How? 15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.