Summary: Death Came Because of Sin
A. Man Was Created to Live
(1) Man became a living soul (Gen 2:7)
(2) He was created for unbroken fellowship with God.
B. Death Came Because of Sin
(1) This was the one restriction in a perfect place (Gen. 3:3)
(2) Disobedience brought death (Rom. 5:12-14)
A. Death Is an Enemy That Stalks Us All
1. "It is appointed unto man once to die "(Heb. 9:27)
(a) This is an appointment that we all must keep
(b) Other appointments can be canceled , but not this
2. This enemy may overtake us in many ways.
(a) Sometimes in youth, ven infancy
(b) Sometimes in old age- our bodies wear out
(c) Sometimes through fatal accidents.
3. Some people lose the battle for life by cooperating with the enemy
(a) Accidents caused by alcohol and other drugs
(b) Smoking and other habits that hasten death
4. Many death are the result of domestic violence and crime.
5. The enemy claims many lives through war.
B. Death Is an Enemy Our Saviour Has Engaged
1. Christ came to taste death for each of us (Heb. 2:9)
(a) He voluntarily became lower than the angels
(b) He humbled Himself , even to death(Phip. 2:5-7)
2. The enemy pursued Him from Bethlehem to Calvary
(a) Herod's slaughter of the children of Bethlehem (Matt. 2:16-18)
(b) The attempt to cast Christ down from a hill (Luke 4:29)
(c) The attempt to kill Christ by stoning (John 10:31)
(d) Satan's temptation to get Jesus to commit suicide (Matt. 4:6)
(e) Jesus' near-death experience in Gethsemane (Matt 26:36)
3.Christ had come to engage death n the Cross.
(a) He voluntarily laid down His life (John 10:17
(b) He was in full control to the end (Luke 23:46)
C. Death Is an Enemy That Christ Defeated
1. Death has been defeated by the resurrection (1 Cor. 15:20)
(a) His resurrection demonstrated His victory
(b) His resurrection guarantees our resurrection
2. Death is defeated by promise of heaven (John 14:1-3)
3. Death is defeated by the promise the coming rapture (1 Thess. 3:13-18)
A. Death Will Finally Be Destroyed
B. Death Will Be No More (Rev 21:4)
C. Are You Ready for That Great Day?