Summary: To show that the LORD keeps us alive and preserves our lives from all evil.
Who keeps you alive?
II. AUDIENCE PROFILE:
To show that the LORD keeps us alive and preserves our lives from all evil.
Psalms 121:7 (Amplified Bible)
121:7 The Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life.
Praise, worship and thank You very much LORD JESUS for You preserve me from all evil, while I am alive I am in total prosperity and at peace and You frequently saves my life.
The LORD keeps me alive
A. Authors: Authorship of many is uncertain, generally attributed to King David.
B. Date written: c. 1440 to 450 B.C. ( From Moses to Ezra)
C. Purpose: 150 songs to praise and worship GOD
D. To whom written: Sometimes to GOD, sometimes to author
E. Main Themes: praise and worship, prayer and praise
VIII. MAIN BODY:
A. The LORD will keep me from all evil
"The Lord will keep you from all evil;"
LORD is "yehovah" in Hebrew meaning:
1. Self-Existent or Eternal
2. Jehovah, the national name of GOD
3. Jehovah, the LORD
Preserve, keep or "shamar" in Hebrew meaning:
1. to hedge about with thorns
2. guard: to protect, attend, beware, take heed to self, keep, mark, look narrowly, observe
3. regard, reserve, save, wait for, watch
All or "kol kol" in Hebrew meaning:
1. the whole
2. any or every
3. all manner, altogether, enough, every one, every place, every thing, whatsoever, whosoever
Evil or "ra raah" in Hebrew meaning:
1. bad or evil
2. adversity, affliction, bad, calamity, displeasure, distress, harm, mischief, misery, sore, sorrow, trouble, wicked, wrong, worse, wretchedness
Psalms 91:9-10 (Amplified Bible)
91:9 Because you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place,
91:10 There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.
Psalms 91:14 (Amplified Bible)
91:14 Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness—trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].
Psalms 91:1 (Amplified Bible)
91:1 HE WHO dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].
Job 5:19-27 (Amplified Bible)
5:19 He will rescue you in six troubles; in seven nothing that is evil [for you] will touch you.
5:20 In famine He will redeem you from death, and in war from the power of the sword.
5:21 You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, neither shall you be afraid of destruction when it comes.
5:22 At destruction and famine you shall laugh, neither shall you be afraid of the living creatures of the earth.
5:23 For you shall be in league with the stones of the field, and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with you.
5:24 And you shall know that your tent shall be in peace, and you shall visit your fold and your dwelling and miss nothing [from them].
5:25 You shall know also that your children shall be many, and your offspring as the grass of the earth.
5:26 You shall come to your grave in ripe old age, and as a shock of grain goes up [to the threshing floor] in its season.
5:27 This is what we have searched out; it is true. Hear and heed it and know for yourself [for your good].
GOD's protection for me: (Job 5:19-27)
1. The LORD will rescue me in seven (completion) troubles - meaning nothing evil will touch me. (v. 19)
2. In famine, I am redeemed from death. In war: I am redeemed from the power of the sword (v. 20)
3. I am protected from vicious gossip. I will live fearless through any catastrophe (v. 21)
4. I will laugh at destruction and famine. I will stroll fearlessly among wild animals. (v. 22)
Wild animals refers to any life with appetite.
5. I will be in covenant or in good terms with rocks and mountains. Wild animals will become your good friends. (v. 23)
6. My place on earth is safe. My good will not be lost. (v. 24)
7. I will see my children grow up, my family lovely and my descendants like the grass on the earth (v. 25)
Job 5:25 (New Century Version)
5:25 You will know that you will have many children, and your descendants will be like the grass on the earth.
8. I will die in ripe old age (many good years: 120 years old - Genesis 6:3) (v. 26)
Job 5:19-27 (The Message)
5:19 From one disaster after another he delivers you; no matter what the calamity, the evil can't touch you—