Summary: preparing a love feast is a beautifull experience for a congregation. In it relationships are restored, the love of Christ is poured out over God?s people and the Lord is pleased.
(OPEN YOUR BIBLES PLEASE)
"So continuing daily(steadfastly) with one accord(united as one or with one mind) qin the temple, and rbreaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart(A glad and generous heart, humble heart, a sincere heart), 47 praising God and having favor with all the people(because people liked what they saw). And sthe Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved".
I want to talk about the formula for a church that demonstrates love ;
Notice that; "THE LORD ADDED TO THE CHURCH DAILY".
1. Unity and consistency. "They continued dayly with one accord in the temple".
*Ephesians 4:3-6, 3 "Always keep yourselves united in the Holy Spirit, and bind yourselves together with peace.
4 We are all one body, we have the same Spirit, and we have all been called to the same glorious future. 5 There is only one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 and there is only one God and Father, who is over us all and in us all and living through us all".
A. There is power in unity.(verse 43) says; 43 "A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders".
B. Unity creates consistency.
2. They broke bread together with gladness and a humble and sincere heart.
*Ephesians 4:2, "Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.
A. They were humble and gentle with each other and they made allowances for each other?s faults.
B. They were glad to see each other at church.
C. They celebrated each other’s victories.
D. They were glad to be serving each other.
- When one of them was in lack, all the others pitched in. (Verse 44, 45) says; 44 "And all the believers met together constantly and shared everything they had. 45 They sold their possessions and shared the proceeds with those in need".
E. They had a sincere heart (no hypocricy)
F. They werent cheap, they shared what little they had and the Lord multiplied it.
3. They praised God and had the favor of the people (because the people liked what they saw) and the Lord added to the church.
Jesus said that people would know that we are His disciples if we love one another.
A. Praising the Lord is more than just singing a few songs to the Lord. It?s loving one another, You cant say that you love God and hate your brother......
B. It’s more than saying thank you Lord, but it?s also self sacrifice. Remember what Jesus told the reach young ruler?
C. Praising God is having a life that people can see Jesus through you. "People will know that you are my disciples if you love one another".
-It?s not by how loud or beautiful you pray.
-It?s not by how much you speak in tongues.
-It?s not by how spiritual you look or by the clothes you wear or how you comb your hair.
IT?S BY LOVING EACH OTHER!
A church that demonstrates it?s love is;
1. A church that is united and consistant.
2. A church that shares each others pains and each other’s victory.
3. A church that has a lifestyle that will move others closer to Christ because of the testimony of it?s LOVE FOR EACH OTHER.
After the sermon everyone is encouraged to partake of the Lord?s supper and afterwards they sit at a table that has been set from before the service to break bread with their immediate family(spouses and children and anyone from their household) and then with others, particularly those that are not close.