Summary: The Love of God for His Church
I. God has a great concern for His church.
A. God’s concern for the church is so high He died for it.
- (Act_20:28 …you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.)
B. God’s concern for the church is so high He seeks after it when it fails Him
- Adam’s hiding from God
- The killing of the OT prophets
- The sending of His Son
- Jesus goes after the church in Rev 2 and 3
II. God has great love for His church.
- (1Jn_4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.)
A. Joy is infectious ( Acts 2)
1. We should show our joy in our worship services
2. We should show our joy in our travel around the community
B. The foundation of the church is the Love of God.
- (Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,)
- We can love because God loves us
- We are loved by God to the point that we can take that love and give it away
III. God has great rewards for His church.
- (Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.)
- What does it mean to sit on the throne with Jesus
- (Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: )
- (Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.)
A. These rewards are conditional
- We must endure to the end
B. These rewards are eternal
C. These rewards are a promise