Summary: How do we share Jesus
III. How do we do share Jesus?
a. Build a relationship
i. People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
ii. Why should I listen to you if I don’t really know you?
1. Sitting at Burger King in Broken Arrow.
2. What we say is probably right, but why should anyone who doesn’t know you listen to you?
iii. Large evangelistic meetings work because you have something to UP the trust factor.
1. Look at all these people who all agree with us…it’s a majority so you should listen too
2. Look at these healings…God wants to heal you too
3. God confirming what they are saying
iv. Outreaches work because you are giving people something to earn their trust
1. Feeding the hungry-the food is substituting your relationship
2. Clothing the naked – the clothes are substituting your relationship
3. Matthew 25 Jesus talked about feeding and clothing and helping and said .If you have done it unto the least of these, my brothers you have done it unto to me.
v. If you aren’t walking with thousands, ministering in the working of miracles or giving something to them what ARE you doing to earn their trust?
vi. Being a friend and loving people in a relationship is the best way to get them to hear about Jesus, FROM YOU.
1. 1 Peter 3:15 15 Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.
2. Who asks you the most about what is going on in your life? PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
vii. The thing is, what are you saying if they ask? Are you proud about Jesus or are you embarrassed about Jesus?
b. Don’t FORCE it. Let them SEE it
i. We are so worried about WORDLY people doing WORDLY THINGS
ii. NOAH IS SCRIPTURALLY INCORRECT- SO WHAT! Its made by non Christians….of course they’re going to get it wrong. It’s what they do. But we feel like we have to FORCE the issue of Christ. You know what will make the biggest impact? In spite of the scriptural inaccuracies of Noah we do some good works for people who are unsaved
iii. Matthew 5:16In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.
iv. I don’t have to FORCE what I believe, I can SHOW what I believe and allow all of those around me who are wrong to see the right.
v. Being challenged to share Jesus doesn’t mean you have to do it while you’re supposed to be working. Live in such a way that they come to you and if it’s during work, tell them let’s wait till break time.
c. Don’t be weird when praying or ministering to others
i. When Jesus said we should have signs following us, we automatically thought it should be a weird thing and cause a scene
1. Some of you thought it was weird that I even brought it up because how do you do that without being weird.
a. Jacksonville gas station.
b. The opportunity to share and pray without being weird
i. He got chills
ii. A genuine move of God will ALWAYS produce fruit in people’s lives for His glory.
iii. We don’t have to say “How about if I cast that off of you?”
1. Put ourselves in people’s shoes who aren’t familiar with who we are or what we believe
iv. Do it at the appropriate time-If it never looks right, YOU AREN’T LOOKING!