Summary: What will the 1000 year riegn be like for the believer? Whose going to live on the planet? Why is satan loosed? All this and more is preached in this sermon on the Millennial Kingdom, Enjoy!
Title: The 1000 Year Reign
Text: Rev 20:1-10
- Right after the battle of Armageddon, what will happen?
- The glorious appearing of Jesus Christ will take place, for the purpose of setting up His Kingdom.
- It will take place immediately after the tribulation.
- Heaven will open and Christ will appear on a white horse, (Rev 19:11)
- Christ will be followed by the armies of Heaven (Rev 19:14), preparing to judge the ungodly (Jude 14-15)
- Christ will stand on the Mount of Olives (Zech 14:3-5)
- The beast and his armies will confront Christ (Rev 19:19)
- Christ will cast the beast and the false prophet into the lake of fire (Rev 19:20)
- Christ’s rejecters will be killed (Rev 19:21)
- Satan will be chained and locked in the bottomless pit for 1000 years (Rev 20:1-3)
- The Old Testament and Tribulation saints will be resurrected (Rev 20:4)
- Christ will judge the nations and establish what we are going to talk about tonight, the Millennium.
What Is The Millennium Going To Be Like:
- As soon as Christ returns with the armies of Heaven, there will be a 75 day interval according to Dan 12:11-12 which says, “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1290 days. Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1335 days.”
- The reason for this 75 day interval before the reign of Christ starts is two fold:
a. To cleanse the Temple
b. To judge the Nations.
- The 75 day interval is a time of preparation for the kingdom.
- So much of the globe has been destroyed during the judgements of the Tribulation, I believe the Lord will take the time to prepare the world for the Millennial Kingdom.
- Those who survive to the end of the Tribulation and aren’t cast into the lake of fire by Christ will be the ones who enter the Tribulation.
- They will all be believers, no unbelievers will enter the Millennium.
- During the 75 day interval, the nations of the world will be judged.
- There are 3 different groups of people, which are:
a. The Unsaved followers of the Anti Christ.
b. The Believers
c. The Brethren whom the believers befriend.
- Now theses brethren are the Jews who go into the Millennium as believers.
- Please keep in mind only believers are permitted to go into the Millennium Kingdom.
- Many Jewish people will turn to Christ right after the Anti Christ desecrates the Temple in Jerusalem.
- The Jews will become disillusioned and will turn to their Messiah and flee to the wilderness of Petra, where God will protect and preserve them.
- They will no don’t include the 144,000 and other Jewish people.
- Now after the 75 day interval is complete, the world goes from man controlled to God controlled.
- The world now is ruled by a Theocracy, meaning God is in charge.
- It will be a time of peace and prosperity for the righteous followers of God under the rule of Jesus Christ.
- Zech 14:9 says, “The Lord will be King over all the earth; in that day the Lord will be the only one, and His name the only one.”