Children are adorable, I think someone that hurts one as society has a tendency to do is really deranged.
Look at few choice things that they say to Pastors.
I know God loves everybody but he never met my sister. (8) My father should be a minister, every day he gives us a sermon about something. (11) Please pray for our little league team. We need God's help or a new pitcher. (10) I liked your sermon that good health is better then money, but I still want a raise in my allowance. (12) Are there any devils on earth? I think there may be one in my class. My new teacher. (10)
How can anyone resist their smiles and pleadings?
Jesus talked about children in his word and I want to look and see what he says about them.
I. Child Like Faith/Trust.
a. Jesus is not talking about reverting to our second childhood, He is not saying that only children go to heaven. He is talking about the way we should see life.
1. Children have faith in those around them. Sometimes because of those who are unscrupulous they get in trouble.
2. John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
a. By looking at this we find that our whole life must change, and when we give our live to Jesus we become babes, or children of God.
b. Look at this trust that children have.
1. You can put a child on a high place and say jump I will catch you. And they without hesitation will jump.
2. If that were us today we would say I want a back up system. I want it in writing. And if God is involved we have a tendency not to believe that he will do as he says.
c. Trusting in God
1. 2 Sam 22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
2. These are not Just words but they come from a man who learned to trust.
3. Prov 3:5 -6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
a. Children Love at all times.
1. Rarely will you find a child that is not loving. Those that don't have been taught that from those that are around them.
2. Children love everything they love animals, other kids, no matter what their color may be. They have a capacity for love and sympathy.
3. Children in a hospital or a day care. When one starts to cry they all start to cry out of sympathy for the one that is hurting.
b. As we grow older we become harder.
1. I believe this is why Jesus wants us to be as children.
2. John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
c. This is important to the God we serve because He is Love.
a. This is one thing that children have that we have thrown away and that is humbleness.
1. Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.