Summary: To rejoice in the New & Living way we have to live in Christ Jesus our Savior!
“THE NEW AND LIVING WAY!”
BECAUSE OF THE CAUSE OF CHRIST
Have you ever gotten a new thing before and have treated that thing as gold?
- no one could touch it
- no one can use it
- no one can look at it
- everyone is using it wrong once you do allow it
My new Car...
- I washed it and waxed it
- Cleaned it
- If you moved my floor mat, I had to fix it immediately
- I loved that car, BUT
Once the newness wore off, I let the wax jobs go for weeks, loads of people could pile into it, and I even let others drive it!
Share a bit and relate it to our relationship with God.
Isn’t that the same that has happened to some of us and our relationship with the Lord?
- We used to cherish our time with Him so
- We had to tell others
- We enjoyed so much our time to worship Him
- We loved to go to church, and Sunday School, and Youth Group
- We loved others, and even the pastor was the greatest!
- Nothing was able to shake us, until…..
it got old and familiar.
“But I have this against you, that you have left you first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I an coming to you, and will remove your lamp stand out of its place – unless you repent.”
Why is it church that I soon grew cold towards my car?
- It quickly lost it special place in my busy life, and my heart no longer found refuge in the care for my car, but rather it longed for a newer and more appealing automobile which was faster and more stylish and this is what I believe happens to us from time to time.
We have found our eyes and hearts looking to that which is more appealing and more stylish.
I John 2:15-17
“Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.
And the world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God abides forever.”
Church, I first want to ask you to not mistaken this message tonight as one of judgment and discouragement…
instead, my desire is to encourage and point you in the
NEW AND LIVING WAY!!!
Read Hebrews 10:19-25
“Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence (boldness) to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another -- and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”