Summary: The song which is spoken of in Revelation Chapter 5.
THE NEW SONG
I. THE HIGHEST NOTE “Thou art worthy”
l. Worthy because He redeemed us at an awful cost.
Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
2. Worthy because He loved His own to the end.
3. Worthy because He kept His promise and came for us so that where He is we might be also.
II. THE GREATEST SACRIFICE “Thou wast slain”
Isaiah 53:6-7 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
1. The Selected Lamb, slain from the foundation of the world.
2. The Spotless Lamb, without spot or blemish in His life.
3. The Satisfactory Lamb, we are accepted through His sacrifice.
4. The Sovereign Lamb, in the midst of the throne.
III. THE SWEETEST THEME ”Redeemed by blood”
l. How the saints rejoice to sing of it.
2. Think of all the blessed songs about the precious blood of the Lamb.
IV. THE WIDEST RESULT “Kindred, tongues, etc.”
l. Sinners saved by Grace.
2. Saints singing His praise.
V. THE NEWEST RELATIONSHIP “Kings and Priests”
l. Kings to reign with Him.
2. Priests to exhibit His grace.
VI. THE BRIGHTEST HOPE "We shall reign”
II Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
l. Christ is coming to rapture the saints.
2. Christ will reward the saints.
3. Christ will reign on the earth with His saints.
Reigning on earth with Christ and being in Heaven with him will be the crowning glory of this life.