Summary: How would you answer the question, What is God like? We can probably agree that God is like Jesus.
The One We Serve
Revelation 1:4-15 Randall Road Baptist
March 1, 1998 S. M. Service
How would you answer the question, What is God like?
We can probably agree that God is like Jesus. Jesus Himself said: He that hath seen me hath seen the Father. John 14:9
Serve To Participate in Worship
John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,
When ones attention is drawn to the book of Revelation, questions begin to surface. There is a need to interpret and try to unlock its meanings. Therefore in the process of trying to interpret and look for some deep meaning, we miss the true meaning of this book. God tells us there is a blessing to those that read these words found in the book of Revelation.
Billy Graham puts it best about the book of Revelation. Don’t worry, I’ve read the last chapter. It all turns out all right
We should embrace God’s Word and learn to serve to participate in worship of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
When was the last time you said Thank you God for your consistent and constant love that never changes regardless of how our circumstances changes.
God gave us his Son, Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ gave us the Holy Spirit, so we can participate in worship of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Serve To Show Love
5. and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the
dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who
loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
6. and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to
Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
7. Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him,
even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will
mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, says
the Lord, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
Jesus Christ is the faithful witness, he ever presently represents God. He is the begotten of the dead.
Are you a person that encourages others during tribulation? As children of God we are to be an encourage to a person that is going through tribulation.
Serve To Prepare
12. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And bring turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13. And I the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and grit about the paps with a golden girdle.
14. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace;
and his voice as the sound of many waters,
Sometimes the busyness of the church and obscure the business of the church.