Summary: small army . . . big TRUTH!
Pt. 2 – The Pick-Up Line
The real 300 took place about 800 years before the story of the Spartans which was made famous last year by the movie. The Spartans had help. As many as 6100 other soldiers came to their aid when they took on the enemy. However, the real 300 were the 300 who joined Gideon to take on the Midians. You will remember some of the lessons I taught you last week.
Don’t be surprised if the enemy seeks out your most precious for an attack!
You can’t hide forever!
We must start with us.
Did not fear insurmountable odds.
Convenience doesn’t lead to conquering.
Text: Judges 7:2-8
2GOD said to Gideon, “You have too large an army with you. I can’t turn Midian over to them like this—they’ll take all the credit, saying, ‘I did it all myself,’ and forget about me. 3Make a public announcement: ‘Anyone afraid, anyone who has any qualms at all, may leave Mount Gilead now and go home.’” Twenty-two companies headed for home. Ten companies were left. 4GOD said to Gideon: “There are still too many. Take them down to the stream and I’ll make a final cut. When I say, ‘This one goes with you,’ he’ll go. When I say, ‘This one doesn’t go,’ he won’t go.” 5So Gideon took the troops down to the stream. GOD said to Gideon: “Everyone who laps with his tongue, the way a dog laps, set on one side. And everyone who kneels to drink, drinking with his face to the water, set to the other side.” 6Three hundred lapped with their tongues from their cupped hands. All the rest knelt to drink. 7GOD said to Gideon: “I’ll use the three hundred men who lapped at the stream to save you and give Midian into your hands. All the rest may go home.” 8After Gideon took all their provisions and trumpets, he sent all the Israelites home. He took up his position with the three hundred. The camp of Midian stretched out below him in the valley.
8So the people took victuals in their hand, and their trumpets: and he sent all the rest of Israel every man unto his tent, and retained those three hundred men: and the host of Midian was beneath him in the valley.
OK. I will be the first to admit that pick-up lines are lame. Guys use them and they make us look stupid. Come on wives turn to your husband right now and refresh his memory by saying to him the pick-up line he used on you.
Here are the top 10 silly/lame pick-up lines that I came across this week.
1. Is that the sun coming up... or is that just you lighting up my world?
2. Is your last name Gillette cause you’re the best a man can get.
3. If you were a pill I’d overdose.
4. Are you a parking ticket? Because you got fine written all over you.
5. All those curves! And me with no brakes!
6. Look, I’m either going to your place with you or behind you..... Your choice
7. Remember me? Oh, that’s right; I’ve met you only in my dreams.
8. If looks could kill you would be a weapon of mass destruction.
9. If I told you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
10. I got skittles in my mouth... wanna taste the rainbow?
II. The Pick-Up Line