Summary: This is a sermon on our attitude toward worship.
The Place that Made David Glad
Psalm 122:1, I Tim. 3:15
INTRODUCTION: David made glad the House of God
Paul said, "I've written this to you so you will know how to act in the house of God."
I. WHAT WE SHOULD BRING TO CHURCH
I know that God loves the church. Eph. 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
I would think that it would be pleasing for every Christian to be a member of a local church
We as a member of a local church should look at it as a responsibility as well as a privilege.
1. WE ARE TO BRING OURSELVES
Heb. 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
2. WE ARE TO BRING OUR BIBLES
a. Guide Book . . . II Tim. 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
b. Rule Book . . . . II Tim. 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
c. Text Book . . . Don't be ashamed
3. WE ARE TO BRING OUR CHILDREN
Eph. 6:4 ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. No such commandment was given to parents under the Law.
4. WE ARE TO BRING OUR TITHE
Matt. 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Similar to what goes on today. We bring very little of what is the Lord’s back to Him.
5. WE ARE TO BRING OUR BURDENS
"Bear ye one another"
6. WE ARE TO BRING THE LOST
People anywhere and everywhere are lost
II. WHAT WE ARE TO LEAVE AT HOME
Many things should be left at home, they have no business in the house of God
1. ANY ILL-TEMPER should be left at home
2. ANY GOSSIP SHOULD BE LEFT AT HOME
III. WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO AT CHURCH
1. We are to praise the Lord. Psalm 150 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.
2. We are to listen to God's message. II Tim. 3:16 profitable for instruction in righteousness. In right living.
IV. HOW LONG ARE WE SUPPOSED TO STAY
1. Stay until it is over
2. Should be here every time the doors are open.
If you’re not you will undoubtedly miss a blessing.