Summary: Grants you an understanding of what a vision is, the effects of having a vision, the pathway to getting a vision and the vital steps to fulfilling your God given vision.
TOPIC: THE POWER OF VISION
TEXT: HABAKKUK 2:1-4; PROV. 29:18; GEN.15:1-6
PREACHER: SESAN BANJO
B. What Is Vision?
C. The Basic Elements of Vision
D. The Power/Effects of Vision
E. The Pathway To Getting A Vision
F. Scriptural Steps/Strategies to Fulfilling The Vision
“I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.
And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.”
“Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.”
“Where there is no vision (no redemptive revelations of God), the people perish; but he that keeps the law of God, which includes that of man, blessed, happy, fortunate (and enviable) is he” Prov. 29:18 (Amplified Bible)
In life, what you see is what you get. What you don't see, you can hardly get.
When God decided to give Abram landed property in Gen. 13:14-15
And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
God said to Abram, all the land, all the money, the cars, the houses, the positions, the places, which thou seest, which thou seest, to thee I will give it.
Tell your neighbour, what do you see?
I see success, increase, greatness, comfort, prosperity. Halleluyah!
At another occasion in Gen. 15:1-6, when God wanted to give Abram a great child, he said to him in verse 5, And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
What you cannot see for yourself in the nearest future, you can hardly come by. God works with the vision you have of yourself.
All great achievers in life, business, career, ministry, politics are men and women of vision.
No man ever became anything worthwhile or worth celebrating without the emblem of a great vision.
People fail and become frustrated in life because they lack the vital element of success and happiness called Vision.
The infallible, ever current word of God says in Prov 29:18, “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.”
No man can escape perishing and failing when he lacks vision for life. But success and happiness in life belongs to men and women of vision.
It means Vision is highly essential for survival. Where there is vision, the people lives and prospers.
So what is Vision?
Vision can be described as the picture of a preferred future.
Vision is seeing tomorrow from today.
Vision is seeing the end from the beginning.
Vision is seeing the ultimate purpose of God for your life or existence.
The Basic Elements of Vision
A Vision is:
• A Picture (of your destiny)
• Your Future Rom. 8:18
• Clear Exod 3:7-8,17
• Possible; Feasible
• Challenging; Tasking
The Power/Effects of Vision
• Gives Direction – a road map for our lives towards destiny, purpose and dreams.
• Evokes Passion; strong emotion. The clearer the vision, the stronger the passion.
• Motivates – Those who lack motivation in life truly lacks vision.
• Prioritizes your life and time
• Disciplines your actions and behaviour. Your vision actually determines your esteemed values. Those who lack good values and virtues actually lack good vision for their lives.
• Protects you from total failure and falling.
• The fulfilment of vision Is the key to happiness in life.
The Pathway To Getting A Vision
Habakkuk 2:1- “I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.
And the LORD answered me…
1. I will – Vision starts from your desire. The desire for a better and preferable future. The desire for something greater. People lack vision because they are satisfied with where they are; with the status quo.
2. stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see – the word translated tower there means a fenced placed, a secret place, a solitary quiet place, a contained place without distraction.