Summary: The five most powerful things in the life of a Christian.
1. The power of believing- Mark 9: 23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” 24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief ”
The word believing means it’s ongoing
It’s one thing to believe...It’s another to keep believing
I have believed the Cowboys are going to return to GLORY---- keep BELIEVING IT
I have believed that someday that freedom fellowship will minister to thousands
I KEEP BELIEVING IT
The key to believing is to NEVER QUIT BELIEVING
I believe God want good for my life....I DON’T QUIT W/ HARD TIMES
I believe God cares about what I care about... I DON’T QUIT/ PRAYERS... AWHILE
Mark 4...Parable of Sower...18 Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, 19 and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
If you believe today...believe it tomorrow
2. The power of blessing - James 3: 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.
What you say...determines where you go...AND THOSE AROUND YOU
AT THE END OF SERVICES...PRAY A BLESSING OVER YOU...
Speak good things over your stuff
I bless marriages... “You don’t listen” “whatever” “We may not make it”
I bless kids... “You a accident waiting to happen” “play w/brain”
I bless clothes, appliances, cars... YOU LOOK PAST THEM
I bless finances... “we’re broke” “never get by”
Speak blessings....Blessings will happen
Speak Death...Death will happen
Job 3:25 For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, And what I dreaded has happened to me.
3. The power of forgiveness- Ecclesiastes 3:17 I said in my heart,“ God shall judge the righteous and the wicked, For there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.”
Everything is in your lift...FOR A PURPOSE
God can work it all for your good...If you’ll let him
Harboring bitterness and resentment...WILL DESTROY YOU
N. Mandela “Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”
That sinking feeling......IS God telling you to forgive
4. The power of proven character - Matthew 7: 20 By their fruits you will know them.
How do you handle life?... Tired...Stressed...Hurried...Put off
Everything you do teaches something, whether you intend it to or not.
Character is a choice...Blame how you were raised mama, daddy, inner child
TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS
Choices are important...FT. MYERS ...RJ GATORS
American novelist James Baldwin Children have never been good at listening to their elders but they have never failed to imitate them.
5. The power of walking in love- Ephesians 5: 1 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.