Summary: • For the past four weeks we have looked at practical living steps we should take on a daily basis. • We have looked at avoiding offenses, trust & faith in God, we looked at the quality of life and last week at covetousness. • When we take offense we st
• For the past four weeks we have looked at practical living steps we should take on a daily basis.
• We have looked at avoiding offenses, trust & faith in God, we looked at the quality of life and last week at covetousness.
• When we take offense we stop the blessing flow in our life. We need to pray and choose to do things God’s way. Walk in love.
• We said that faith is confidence in the Word of God. Trust is the commitment to the doing the Word of God.
• We looked at the quality of life. God cares about our happiness. We should be focused on the quality of life, not the quantity. Jesus told us to have an abundant life.
• We said that covetousness is greed, a strong desire after the possession of worldly things. Covetousness causes us to be greedy and want what someone else has.
• This week we are looking at the next practical life step. We will look at authenticity.
• The word authenticity means to be authentic, real, genuine, credible, not in any way misrepresented.
• Christian people have gotten a bad reputation because there are many who are not authentic in their faith.
• Christians should strive to be as authentic as Jesus was when we walked on the Earth. As a result, it will be much easier for us to win others over to the Kingdom of God and walk in the blessing flow.
(AMP) Romans 12 9[Let your] love be sincere (a real thing); hate what is evil [loathe all ungodliness, turn in horror from wickedness], but hold fast to that which is good.
1) Live a life that is authentic like Jesus and draw the lost to Him.
a) Shout…I am an authentic Christian. I am the real deal!
b) It is easy to be phony but God wants to be the distinguishing factor in our lives. (Show off God)
c) God wants you to be real and be a credible witness for Him.
i) It’s time we draw in the lost.
d) God wants His presence in our lives to separate us from all that is phony or worldly.
e) Jesus wants us to have a real relationship with Him.
f) Most people think it is easy to have a real relationship with God, but it is not.
i) A real relationship with God requires genuine effort.
ii) A real relationship with God requires us to die to self.
iii) A real relationship with God requires us to be authentic.
2) Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
a) Everything about Jesus is authentic.
(NKJV) John 14 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
b) Shout…Jesus is the real deal. Jesus is my Lord, my Savior, my everything!
c) The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
(NKJV) John 1 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.