Summary: • For the past eight weeks we have looked at practical living steps that we should implement on a daily basis. • We have looked at avoiding offenses, trust & faith in God; we looked at the quality of life, covetousness, authenticity, living stress free,
• For the past eight weeks we have looked at practical living steps that we should implement on a daily basis.
• We have looked at avoiding offenses, trust & faith in God; we looked at the quality of life, covetousness, authenticity, living stress free, boundaries and overcoming the battles of life.
• This week I want to continue on with our series and look at being faithful in attending church.
• Believers must be faithful in attending church services.
• Jesus, our savior, faithfully attended church services; likewise we must aspire to do the same.
• There are benefits we receive when we are faithful in attending church and being part of the Body of Christ.
• This week we will see what the Word has to say about being faithful and consistent in coming to church.
(NKJV) Hebrews 10 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
1) Believers must be faithful in attending church services.
a) Shout…Pastor I will be here twice a week to hear the Word of God and fellowship with other Believers.
b) For Believers, faithfulness is an indispensable quality. We don’t see a lot of it in the world today.
i) Stewardship requires faithfulness.
(NKJV) 1 Corinthians 4 1 Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.
ii) Faithfulness is a fruit of the Spirit.
(1) God is faithful; likewise Christians must also strive to be faithful.
c) Faithfulness in church attendance releases the anointing of God.
i) We come to church to provoke one another to love and to receive knowledge of the truth from the Word that is taught.
d) Jesus faithfully attended church.
i) Every time someone looked for Jesus, He was at church.
(NKJV) John 6 59 These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.
ii) Jesus' custom was faithfully attending church.
(NKJV) Luke 4 16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.
(1) Custom is a long, established habit. What is your habit today?
iii) Jesus was always occupied with church and His Father's business.
(NKJV) Luke 2 43 When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother did not know it; 44 but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances. 45 So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him. 46 Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. 47 And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. 48 So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.” 49 And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?”