Summary: • Last week we discussed avoiding offenses. As one of the 1st steps in living a Godly life is to avoid offenses. • When we experience offense, we must 1st pray. Offense is a blessing blocker and the devil uses it to distract us from the work of God. •
• Last week we discussed avoiding offenses. As one of the 1st steps in living a Godly life is to avoid offenses.
• When we experience offense, we must 1st pray. Offense is a blessing blocker and the devil uses it to distract us from the work of God.
• When you take offense you choose not to walk in love.
• This week I want to look at another practical step in living our lives like Jesus. I want to examine faith verse trust.
• Faith is confidence in the Word of God. Trust is a commitment to the Word of God.
• While many of us have faith, we may not have learned to trust God completely. Faith and trust are two different things.
• This morning we will look at what the Bible has to say about faith and trust and we can begin to apply to principles in order to walk in a blessed life.
(AMP) Jeremiah 17 7[Most] blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Lord, and whose hope and confidence the Lord is.
1) Success comes when we place our trust in God alone.
a) Shout… When I trust God I will have great success.
(NKJV) Psalm 34 8 Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
b) When we truly trust God, we seek Him before we do anything else.
i) We don’t call ten friends to make a decision. We seek God, our source, the one we trust and have placed our faith in.
ii) We have to examine our lives and be sure we are truly relying on God.
(1) Relying on people instead of God sets us up for failure.
(NKJV) Jeremiah 17 5 Thus says the LORD: “ Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the LORD.
(2) We cannot rely on our own understanding of situations and circumstances.
(AMP) Proverbs 3 5 Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
(3) We must always focus on what God says. Then do what He says to do.
2) The difference between faith and trust.
a) Faith is confidence.
b) Shout…Faith is confidence in God and His Word.
c) Sometimes our faith can fail but trust will not.
(NKJV) Luke 22 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.”
(NKJV) Hebrews 10 35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward.
i) The devil will try to cause you to lose your confidence.
d) Shout… I commit to do the Word of God.
e) Trust is commitment.
i) When we trust God, we are unstoppable because we become one with Him through our commitment to trust Him.
ii) When we trust God completely, we become like a mountain that cannot be moved.
(NKJV) Psalm 125 1 Those who trust in the LORD Are like Mount Zion, Which cannot be moved, but abides forever.
f) Paul trusted God because he was sure of His love for him.
i) We should know that nothing can separate us from the love of God.
ii) Trust is eternal; it stands out and cannot be moved. Amen!
3) Rest on the Word of God.