Summary: The Bible is the manual for the prayer that works. When we pray we talk to God, when we read, like now when we are learning, God teaches us how to pray.
THE PRAYER THAT WORKS
The Bible is the manual for the prayer that works. When we pray we talk to God, when we read, like now when we are learning, God teaches us how to pray.
I. IF YOU HAVE A CLEAN CONSCIENCE, ASK FOR BLESSINGS.
"Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight." (1 John 3:21,22)
A. God wants put good things (blessings) in cleaned peoples.
" When we were children we knew when to ask, if we’re bad, no chance to have what we wanted.
1. Did you dare to ask when you’re bad?
2. Of course God is good, but good behavior is a shortcut.
3. Even though, He gives us His blessings not just when we ask, but above all when we need. He is the Father. He loves unconditionally.
B. Would you put your coffee in a dirty cup?
1. Blessings is good things, God doesn’t want to put good thing in dirty bodies.
2. Dirty bodies uses badly good things
C. When you have a cleaned conscience you’ll have confidence to pray with faith
II. ACCORDING TO HIS WILL.
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him." (1 John 5:13-15)
A. Do you really believe?
1. If you really believe, you’ll pray asking.
2. You’ll pray cause you know that you’ll receive.
B. Do you know His will?
1. When praying you can know that you’ll receive, cause you know what God wants.
2. How to know what God wants?
3. He wants our holiness (1Th 4:3, 7) So, you can ask anything that works for your holiness.
4. "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14)
III. WITH FAITH.
"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." (Hebrews 11:6)
A. If you don’t have faith that you will receive, don’t lost you time on your knees.
B. Know that He is God; Believe that worth while and; that He is a rewarder of the diligent.
C. Be diligent.
IV. NOT ALONE.
"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:19,20)
A. Jesus, (yes, the Son of God), many times took some help with Him (Matthew 26:37-38).
B. When praying, be sure that Jesus is there with you and your righteous brother.
1. God hides from sinners’ prayers (Isaiah 59:1,2)
2. God hears the righteous one (James 5:16)
C. Several times the Bible tells us to pray to one another. Seek for the righteous one to help you (James 5:16).