Summary: A sermon on the process of fulfilling the promise of God in your life.
THE PROCESS OF THE PROMISE
1. It starts with a word from God. Luke 1:28 Luke 1:31 Psalm 33:6. John 1:1,3 Hebrews 1:3 Speak - epo ep’-o a primary verb (used only in the definite past tense, the others being borrowed from 2046, 4483, and 5346); to speak or say (by word or writing):--answer, bid, bring word, call, command, grant, say (on), speak, tell.
a) Through His Word.
b) Through people – preaching, prophecy, counsel.
c) Through the Holy Spirit within you.
d) Through Circumstances and events.
• Kept - suntereo, from Greek 4862 (sun) and Greek 5083 (tereo); to keep closely together, i.e. (by implication) to conserve (from ruin); mentally to remember (and obey) :- keep, observe, preserve.
• Ponder - sumballo, from Greek 4862 (sun) and Greek 906 (ballo); to combine, i.e. (in speaking) to converse, consult, dispute, (mentally) to consider, (by implication) to aid, (personally) to join, attack :- confer, encounter, help, make, meet with, ponder.
• Heart - kardia, prolonged from a primary kar (Latin cor, “heart”); the heart, i.e. (figurative) the thoughts or feelings (mind); also (by analogy) the middle :- (+ broken-) heart (-ed).
Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.
5. Realize God has a set time for the accomplishing of His will and the fulfilling of His word. Nothing is left to chance. Everything is definitely fixed beforehand by God. (Gen. 21:2). Galatians 4:4 kairos an occasion, i.e. set or proper time