Summary: Life is like a dance. The moment you were conceived and as you were growing in your mother’s womb you move your limbs, rhythmically in synchronicity with the other parts of your body—you were dancing.
Life is like a dance. In a dance, we have to learn the basic steps before being considered a good dancer. Learning to dance does not happen overnight. We learn it step by step. So is life. The moment we came out of our mother’s womb we learn to dance. We start learning the basics of life. We start dancing.
What constitutes a dance?
• MUSIC - some people can dance without music. Music has beats. So the dancer follows the music beat. Although a dancer can dance without music but it still follows a certain beat. For a believer the music is the word of God. For a non-believer the music is “whatever” “whenever” and I’ll dance to it.
Romans 1:16 “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.”
• KNOWING THE BASIC STEPS - some people dance methodically. Some learn quick, some takes a while. Because there are certain rules to follow, dancing not only engages the physical body, it also engages the mind. Likewise, a believer must know what he believes and why he believes in them. It is being deep-rooted in the doctrines of the Bible. A non-believer is someone who does not know the essential Christian doctrines somewhat like a dancer who doesn’t know the basic steps of dancing that he just wiggles his shoulder, flicks his fingers, moves his feet back and forth or sideways and he’s dancing. Someone who is groping in the dark.
• SENSE OF RHYTHM - Do you dance cha-cha to a rap beat? Or do you dance jazz to a disco music? You may if you don’t have the sense of rhythm. To live a life according to the will of God is to have discernment. Christian life is being sensitive to God’s will.
Proverbs 19:21 says “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
• PARTNER - Some people dance with themselves. It is Ok. But those that dance with a partner looks more gracious and elegant. You cannot do the ministry by yourself. You have to have a partner. First of all our partner is the Holy Spirit who works in and through us. We don’t dance the ministry away by ourselves. We do it according to the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
• DYNAMIC - dancing takes energy, effort, strength, and joy without which is not exciting. Doesn’t life becomes exciting if we have Christ in us who gives us the strength?
Psalm 28:8 The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
Psalm 68:35 “You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God!”
Phil 4:13 “I can do everything through Him (Christ Jesus) who gives me strength.”
Life is like a dance. The moment you were conceived and as you were growing in your mother’s womb you move your limbs, rhythmically in synchronicity with the other parts of your body—you were dancing. But not until you got out of the womb, that you let out a wild scream and started dancing the DANCE OF LIFE.
We will all be dancing the dance of life until the day Jesus Christ comes back again. For Jesus is the real Lord of Dance, the Lord of Life. But let me ask you this: