Summary: A call for God’s people to serve Him through the constraint of the Holy Spirit instead of at their convenience.
" The Remnant "
Blessed are you when men shall hate you and shall speak evil things about you for my name’s sake. Blessed are you in God’s eyes and on heaven’s golden shores when you are despised and rejected by the world and by men for the name of Jesus. Rejoice! Rejoice! Be exceedingly glad and happy, be joyful for great is your reward in heaven…
The major theme of the gospel message is a threefold purpose and anytime this bread of life is broken it is designed to accomplish something in the spiritual realm that surrounds us.
1) Designed to show us our fallen condition and the need we have for a Savior to redeem us from that condition
2) Records the defeat of the Prince of this world at an old rugged cross on Golgotha’s hill as the full price was paid to defeat the enemy’s hold on us
3) Admonition for the children of God to live a life that is worthy of the terrible price paid for their salvation. Commanded to live a life that has the capability of shaking the very gates of hell because of the great light that shines in our souls…
In your life’s journey there are decisions that you make each and everyday that affect you and those around you for good or bad. There is a price to pay for wrong decisions and a reward to be gained for making right decisions. You cannot hear the life changing message of Jesus and choose to stay on the middle ground. You cannot hear the message God speaks and refuse to listen thinking you can have a relationship with him.
"He that is of God hears the words of God, you don’t hear the words of God because you don’t belong to God" John 8:47
The main focus of the ministry of Jesus when he walked the earth to preach was that a child of God shall be different from all those who are not God’s. He continually said that we were to be separated by the glory of his presence on our life, that we could not blend in with the lost because of the grace we had received. He never said one time in his whole life that we were to compromise the truth of the gospel and strengthen the enemies position by preaching a salvation without repentance. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE WASHED WITH THE BLOOD OF CHRIST FOR SALVATION AND STAY THE WAY WE ARE. IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE JESUS IN OUR HEARTS AND NOT BE BORN AGAIN. Yes it may indeed be a hard thing to take to heart but Nicodemus knew something of this truth when he quietly went to Jesus one night to ask how he might see the kingdom of God. Unless a man be born again, he shall not see glory!
"You are the salt of the earth, but if the salt has lost it’s flavor with what can you make it salty again? It isn’t good for anything except to be thrown out and trodden under the feet of men"
· We are responsible for the world we now live in because we have failed as the church, the salt of the earth, to preserve the things of God by our compromise with the world. We are now reaping what we have sown many times in our past by remaining silent and sitting back letting wicked men and the devil control us by shoving lies down our throats. We have sown the seed of compromise by not crucifying our flesh with Christ and not saying anything to the unrighteous around us lest we offend them and now we are in a time of reaping the evil things we have planted. No power in the church anymore because we have decided that we know better than God.
1. 13 people murdered by two suicidal teenagers in Littleton CO just a few weeks ago in an institute of learning because we allowed the voice of one little woman, Madelyn Murray O’Hair, to take prayer out of the schools. We thought that by education we could redeem the fallen man by putting intelligence in his head and teaching him that God isn’t really needed in our daily lives. Pulled down the Ten Commandments from the classroom wall and expelled God from the System we use to train our children. They have learned well the lessons we’ve taught them because they know that without a Creator, without a God that loves them, there is no HOPE!
· Colorado, Kentucky, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oregon, New Jersey and Texas from sea to shining sea we have let them tell our children there is no purpose and no meaning for their lives so they’re killing each other in the classrooms.