Summary: This is the 6th sermon in the series "Requirements For Revival". This sermon is about the 3 "thens" of 2 Chronicles 7:14.
Sunday Morning July 14, 2002 Bel Aire Baptist Church
Series: ¡§Requirements For Revival [#6]
THE RESULTS ARE IN
1. Stand with me as we read 2 Chronicles 7:14.
2. We have studied the ¡§ifs¡¨ of revival over the last several weeks. This morning I want us to look at the ¡§thens¡¨ of revival.
3. When we do what God wants us to, then God does three things for us. These three things bring about renewal and revival in our lives. The first then is¡K
God Will Hear Us
1. Have you ever felt like God was not listening to you? Have you ever felt like God didn¡¦t care?
2. I want to tell you, that God has not gone anywhere. We often feel this way because we have strayed from God¡¦s leadership. We have not humbled ourselves, prayed, sought God¡¦s face, or turned from our wicked ways.
3. Whose fault is that? It¡¦s not God¡¦s it¡¦s yours. See God wants us to allow Him to be our Shepherd and when we do, He will lead us to renewal and revival. God cares. He is a personal God. That is why we can say, ¡§The Lord is my shepherd.¡¨ Can you say, ¡§The Lord is my shepherd?¡¨
1. God loves us and provides for His children. Green pastures and quiet waters are the source of food, liquids, and rest.
2. The food He provides us is His Word. The water He provides is the Holy Spirit. The rest is worship and prayer.
3. Not only does God provide for us, but also He provides for us abundantly. Not only does He provide pastures, but green pastures. Not only water, but also quiet waters. Each of us must decide if we will follow God so that He can provide for us. The second then is¡K
God Will Forgive Us
1. Because of sin in our life we need to be restored. We need forgiveness.
2. How do you know when you need restoration? Let me give you a couple of indicators:
„« You dread spiritual service to God.
„« Your private spiritual life is lacking.
„« You are more interested in worldly matters that spiritual matters.
„« You do not feel like God is working in your life.
3. God wants to restore you. He is faithful to forgive our sins if we will ask Him. To have revival, we must be cleansed.
1. When we are clean, God can use us and He will lead us down the right paths.
2. When we are on the right path our lives shine for Jesus.
3. You want revival? Stay on the path of righteousness. The third then is¡K
God Will Heal Us
1. Life is full of difficulties. Life beats us down and makes us want to quit. But, God brings us through these difficult times. Notice it says, ¡§I walk¡¨. You must move through the valley, don¡¦t stay there.
2. God will get you through it. You have nothing to fear because:
„« God is in control.
„« God has promised us He would take care of us.
„« God is with us in power.
3. Not only will God get us through, He promises us eternal victory.
1. The greatest result of revival is the lives that are added to the Kingdom.
2. When revival breaks out, people can see God at work in our lives and that draws them to Jesus Christ.
3. The only way to dwell in the house of the Lord forever is through Jesus Christ.
1. Is God your Shepherd? If you do not know Jesus as your Savior, you are spiritually dead. You cannot be revived, but you can be reborn as a new creation.
2. Christians, if you are not experiencing revival, why not?
3. Remember, we must take care of the ¡§ifs¡¨ (humbleness, prayer, seeking God¡¦s face, and turning from our wicked ways) before we can experience the ¡§thens¡¨. How are you doing?