Summary: God’s beautiful Rose did bloom again after He was crushed for our iniquities. You will need for this sermon a red rose and a white rose to demonstrate.
SONG OF SOLOMON 2:1 “THE ROSE OF SHARON”
A) I hold in my hand this morning a beautiful rose! * This rose stands for the Rose of Sharon ...
* Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Yes, He is The Rose of Sharon, The Lily of the Valley!
* Song of Sol. 5:10 – Jesus is the Chiefest of Ten Thousand .......
* Song of Sol. 5:16 – He is the Altogether Lovely One!
* Isaiah said His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting
Father, The Prince of Peace!
B) To the Architect – Jesus is the Chief Cornerstone! * To the Baker – Jesus is the Bread of Life.
* To the Banker, Jesus is more Precious Than Gold. * To the Biologist, Jesus is Life.
* To the Builder, Jesus is the Sure Foundation. * To the Carpenter, Jesus is the Door.
* To the Doctor, Jesus is the Great Physician. * To the Educator, Jesus is the Great Teacher.
* To the Engineer, Jesus is the New and Living Way.
C) To the Farmer – Jesus is the Lord of the harvest!
* To the Geologist, Jesus is the Rock of Ages. * To the Jeweler, Jesus is the Jewel of Great Price.
* To the Philanthropist, Jesus is the Unspeakable Gift.
* To the Philosopher, Jesus is the Wisdom of God.
* To the Florist, Jesus is the Rose of Sharon, the Lily of the valley.
* To the Preacher, Jesus is the Word of God. * To the Servant, Jesus is the Good Master.
* To the Sinner, Jesus is the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.
NO ONE ELSE CAN COMPARE TO JESUS! NO EQUAL! THERE IS NONE LIKE JESUS!
* Among Men: Conceived of the Holy Spirit, Born of a virgin, an earthly mother and a Heavenly
Father. * Among other gods, Jesus resurrected from the dead!
* Among friends, Jesus is a Friend that sticketh closer than a brother!
A) When you see the great men of the Bible, you see their strength and their weaknesses!
* BUT WHEN YOU SEE JESUS…. NO WEAKNESSES ... ALL STRENGTH!
* I find no fault in Him --- No man spoke like this Man --- Even the wind and seas obey His will.
B) In Jesus there is a life that will never be duplicated!
* A righteousness that will never be diminished ... A peace that cannot be disturbed ...
* A joy that cannot be discouraged ... A hope that cannot be destroyed ...
* A light that cannot be darkened ... A happiness that cannot be disappointed ...
* A purity that cannot be defiled ... A resource that cannot be depleted ...
* A Savior that cannot be defeated ... And a wisdom that cannot be debated!
C) Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, The First and the Last, The Beginning and the End!
* Jesus always was, always is, and always will be ... Jesus is unmoved, unchanged, and undefeated!
* The world cannot understand Him ... The armies cannot defeat Him ... The leaders cannot ignore
Him ... Herod could not kill Him ... The Pharisees could not confuse Him ...
* Nero could not crush Him ... Hitler could not silence Him ... The new age cannot replace Him ...
And our schools cannot explain Him away.
D) He is Love, Light, and Lord ... He is Goodness, Kindness, Gentleness, and God!
* He is Holy, Righteous, Mighty, Powerful and Pure ... His ways are right, His Word is eternal ...
* His will is unchanging, and His mind is on me ... He is my Redeemer, my Savior, my Master ...
* My Guide, and He is my Peace ... He is my Joy, my Comfort, and my Hope ...
* He is my Lord ... He rules my life ... He will never leave me, nor forsake me ... He will never
mislead me ... Never forget me ... Never overlook me.
E) When I fall, He lifts me up ... When I fail, He forgives me ...
* When I am weak, He is strong ... When I am afraid, He is my courage ...
* When I stumble, He steadies me ... When I am hungry, He feeds me ...
* When I face troubles and trials, He is with me ... When I face persecution, He shields me ...
* When I have needs, He meets them ... And when I face death, He will be there to carry me home! * Jesus is everything, for everybody, everywhere, every time and every way!
* He is God – He is faithful!
F) The beautiful rose of Sharon ... He left the beauty of heaven and came to earth!