Summary: To live a Victorious life, there are things to access as secrets and embrace as truths that will position us for triumph. John 8:32.
Behind every major attainment in life, there is a secret. There is something someone doing great things knows that makes the great thing show. - Jesus and Disciples casting demons - Mark 9:28-29. “28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out? 29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.”
The secrets we access in life drive the dimensions of possibilities and Exploits we command. - Daniel 2:19, 47-48 “Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.”
In our walk with God, The things of God are encoded as secrets, they need to be decoded to enjoy the fullness. - Deuteronomy 29:29. “The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things which are revealed and disclosed belong to us and to our children forever, so that we may do all of the words of this law.”
To live a Victorious life, there are things to access as secrets and embrace as truths that will position us for triumph. John 8:32.
One of our case studies in this series as we access secrets that position for victory in life is David.
David was one man who faced a lot in life and was fought a lot but in all he came out victorious, - Psalm 129:2 “Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth: yet they have not prevailed against me.”
One of the things I saw about David was his Perception of challenges and his approach to them. -
Text - 1 Samuel 17:31-51.
* Goliath was the End to ALL OTHERS, but he was only a noisemaker to David. 1 Samuel 17: 23-24. “And as he talked with them, behold, there came up the champion, the Philistine of Gath, Goliath by name, out of the armies of the Philistines, and spake according to the same words: and David heard them. 24 And all the men of Israel, when they saw the man, fled from him, and were sore afraid.
* David Showed us here that we don’t run from challenges we confront our challenges. It is the challenges you confront that you can subdue. Vs 35
* When you allow life challenges to overwhelm you, it will cheaply overtake you. -vs 32-36
FIVE (5)SCRIPTURAL INSIGHTS ABOUT CHALLENGES OF LIFE.
1. God did not promise a challenge-free world for you, but he promised his presence in the challenge. - Coming To Christ does not automatically exempt from the challenges of life. - Isaiah 43:1-3. | John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace.
In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.]”
2. The Challenges of life are universal, it has no respect for the Rich or Poor, it has no regard for race, gender, or stature. - Life challenges are not country-based or location-centered. Everyone in life experience a dose of challenges in the pursuit of destiny.
They are just different and at different phase in life. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”
3. Challenges of life are the gateway to glorification. In the journey of life, challenges, situation are channels for glorification. The value of a solution is amplified by the height of the situation. Romans 8:18 “[But what of that?] For I consider that the sufferings of this present time (this present life) are not worth being compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us and in us and [a]for us and [b]conferred on us!”
2 Corinthians 4:17” For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;”
4. The Challenges of life are not necessarily an indication of sinfulness or unrighteousness. The presence of life challenges is not projectively proof that someone is sinful. - John 9:1-4.
Some life challenges are sin triggered, however, may times challenges rise up on our path to the next level.- Judges 2:11-15.
5. Your Reaction and Action in the midst of life challenges influence how you come out from it. - In life, you can either come out as a victor or as a victim in the midst of life challenges. - David and Saul example..
What Should Be My Attitude In The Midst of Challenges