Summary: We all know the story of Jezebel and over the next few weeks we are going to address some pretty serious topics concerning the Spirit of Jezebel. * Confusion * Dissatisfaction * Perfectionism * Fear * Anxiety * Gossip * Leg
I am convinced that murmuring is fueled by Satan. Murmuring reveals chronic dissatisfaction and anger with God. Satan targets our disappointments and then begins to whisper in our ears many lies concerning God. In fact, the word murmur is linked to the Hebrew word nirgan, which translates as "whispering, slandering and backbiting."
This whispering is important to remember. Know that the enemy is attempting to whisper lies into your ears. Be careful of the whispers of the Deceiver. Let's never forget that life and death are in the power of the tongue. (When we start talking about people behind their back, or complaining about folks) When we murmur we yoke ourselves with evil.
I am convinced that Perfection is Jezebels ultimate Quest in the church and its leaders. Jezebel was the epitome of religious living. She had her very own 450 prophets of Baal who ate at her table. I would bet she never missed a Baal service. She probably got a manicure the day before, went to Baal Church early and led the prayers. Believe me: This Seducer came to church packing weapons- and her weapons were false prophecy, false teaching and evil seduction. She was a perfectionist, I am sure. I know this because when I was younger, and strongly yoked with this evil spirit due to generational iniquity, I suffered much with perfectionism, performance and legalism. (I still suffer from some of these but by the Grace of God I am made an overcomer)
2And the whole congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness:
3And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger.
Baal worship encourages distrust and chronic dissatisfaction. Some of us are never satisfied with the leaders or supervisors God places over us, we don't like the decisions our leaders make and we mock their wisdom. If we desire more power, recognition and attention, then we have allowed ourselves to be yoked with the Spirit of Jezebel.
Let me continue the idea of Baal worship today with the facts that Baal worship is still in practice. in study for the message I read an article from the Gospel Herald that helped me understand that "Baal was solely the creation of man, counterfeit from the beginning, an insult to the Creator, made to fit the desire "to be mighty ... in the earth," and to build cities and make Babylon the capitol—so it must be plain that Baal-worship is none other than self-worship." In understanding this principle we still experience Baal worship when we glorify in works of men and not in the works of God.
* The present age is one of idolatry, as verily as was that in which Elijah lived. No outward shrine may be visible; there may be no image for the eye to rest upon; ... Multitudes have a wrong conception of God and His attributes and are as truly serving a false god as were the worshipers of Baal. 13
* In this age antichrist will appear as the true Christ. ... But the true leader of all this is Satan clothed as an angel of light. Men will be deceived and will exalt him to the place of God, and deify him. 14
* Christ will be personified, but on one point there will be a marked distinction. Satan will turn the people from the law of God. 15
* Those who are not wholly consecrated to God may be led to do the work of Satan, while yet they flatter themselves that they are in the service of Christ. 16
* The apostasy prevailing today is similar to that which in the prophet’s day overspread Israel. In the exaltation of the human above the divine, in the praise of popular leaders, in the worship of mammon, and in placing of the teachings of science above the truths of revelation, multitudes today are following after Baal. 17
In Ezekiel 28:12-15 we read the records of Satan at one time he was clothed in perfection, wisdom and beauty. I utilize this reference because the Spirit of Jezebel is trickery of Satan and we need to understand where Jezebel receives this spirit.
12 “Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord God:
“You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering: